Magic 6/4 Sailing - Cedar Grove Crash and Vandalism Incidents

422Melissa

We parked in the designated "secure" Norfolk cruise parking lot for our 6/4 cruise on the Magic to find our car heavily damaged upon our return today.  On 6/7, the security guard crashed into 5 parked cars.  The security company rep said that the company will cover repairs; however, I was unable to initiate a claim with their insurance company today.  In addition, more than 20 cars were broken into during this sailing.  Was anyone successful in initiating a repair claim today?

InkedParking Damage.jpg

22 minutes ago, 422Melissa said:

The guard allegedly hit the gas instead of the brake after rounding a corner.  I'm skeptical.

You dont just hit the gas by accident. More than likely he was impaired

• Like 1

Terrible way to end your vacation.  Keep on top of their insurance company - hopefully your insurance company will help you get through to them if they don't respond to you.  Or a lawyers letter might help.

• Like 1

Wow, that is crazy and I would have been over the top mad...did they contact their insurance company when it happened?  They should have sent in pix immediately and filed a claim to get the process going.  Sorry, but if you not able to make contact with insurance is not a good sign and hopefully their insurance is with a reputable company,  If you cannot get anywhere I would contact my attorney to light a fire under the car company to do what they should have already done when it happened.  I would definitely be suspicious of this situation and stay on top of it.  

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
11 hours ago, matymil said:

You dont just hit the gas by accident. More than likely he was impaired

I beg to differ☺️

12 hours ago, 422Melissa said:

We parked in the designated "secure" Norfolk cruise parking lot for our 6/4 cruise on the Magic to find our car heavily damaged upon our return today.  On 6/7, the security guard crashed into 5 parked cars.  The security company rep said that the company will cover repairs; however, I was unable to initiate a claim with their insurance company today.  In addition, more than 20 cars were broken into during this sailing.  Was anyone successful in initiating a repair claim today?

InkedParking Damage.jpg

It's nice that they will cover repairs. However what about the loss of value to your car ? If you own the car  and try to trade in or sell Car Fax report will report the "accident" ?. 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, NYcruzzer said:

It's nice that they will cover repairs. However what about the loss of value to your car ? If you own the car  and try to trade in or sell Car Fax report will report the "accident" ?. 

Or the cost and time delayed in reaching your destination. Does that car even drive?

3 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Wow, that is crazy and I would have been over the top mad...did they contact their insurance company when it happened?  They should have sent in pix immediately and filed a claim to get the process going.  Sorry, but if you not able to make contact with insurance is not a good sign and hopefully their insurance is with a reputable company,  If you cannot get anywhere I would contact my attorney to light a fire under the car company to do what they should have already done when it happened.  I would definitely be suspicious of this situation and stay on top of it.  

Yes, I'm still over the top mad and suspicious as well.  It is infuriating that the company did not have the claim in process when we returned!  The Allied Universal security company's leased fleet is covered by Greenwich insurance, but every person I reached on Friday told me to call someone else.  The security company's Norfolk Account Manager committed to providing us with the correct claim information on Monday, but I have started the claim process with my own insurance as well and placed it in a pending status.  I was hoping to avoid having to come out of pocket for my deductible by dealing directly with the at-fault party's insurance.  The break-in victims are now being told that the security company will not take any accountability for repairs.

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Or the cost and time delayed in reaching your destination. Does that car even drive?  

We drove the Mazda to Richmond yesterday.  It makes a weird noise when going over bumps, so I'm not driving it again until it goes to the shop for repairs.  The Subaru drivers were still there with the rep when I left.  They were trying to figure out what to do regarding towing.

damage.JPG

Pretty sure that we're just SOL regarding the lost value of the car.  I'm sick about this since I have fewer than 6K miles on it.  I do tend to keep my cars for many years, though, so it is unlikely that I'd sell it.