Beer and Wine in Suite Lounge

10 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Interesting.  So far, on the three cruises since start-up, we have not had a single card swipe for the lounge.  Is a Pinnacle card in a suite marked to indicate as such or does it look the same as the non-suite Pinnacle card?  Maybe they can't easily tell the difference?

No real indication. You can ask for a suite card if they default to the gold. We've had both. 

Symphony was definitely swiping our card even though we were in a CLS.

Harmony as well according to Laura

Odyssey didn't, but we were pretty much the only couple there some nights. Before Pins were let back in

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

No real indication. You can ask for a suite card if they default to the gold. We've had both.

It would seem to me that a little bit of ink could solve the problem.  Afterall, they put "Prime" on my Wife's card and not mine.  Why not just add "Suite" too?

25 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

It would seem to me that a little bit of ink could solve the problem.  Afterall, they put "Prime" on my Wife's card and not mine.  Why not just add "Suite" too?

Would that make you feel better🤔

I really don't see the issue. Staff knows pretty quick who's Pinnacle 

Edited by John&LaLa

6 hours ago, hey-buc said:

Radiance of the sea.

Free drinks for 3 hours normally 5 to 8 pm, including wine beer and liquor normally with a 13 dollar limit, if you order something above 13 you pay the difference, example if you order a wine that is 15 dollars you pay 2 and tip so 2.18 .

On 6/11/2022 at 10:41 AM, jamon said:

If I understand this correctly, if you are in a suite you can get wine, beer and soda and water from 11 to 11 each day. Pinnacles were also able to do this before covid....does this still apply to pinnacles not in a suite like before?????/

On Adventure last month, Suite Concierge told us Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge depended on the number of Pinnacles aboard.  Under a certain level - OK.  Over that, they'd do a Pinnacle event in the Card Room up by the Imperial Lounge (as when we were on).    

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Fairly consistent in swiping vouchers up there.

Its actually confusing if you're in a suite if you ask me. Drinks from SL/CK show up with a zero charge, but they don't seem to count against C&A coupon 

Now when not in a suite, the swipes with zero dollars do seem to count

Harmony and maybe Symphony 

John, I’m confused!  
So if you are P in a regular cabin (not a suite), and you go to the Suite lounge - do your beer/wine drinks between 11-11 get taken from your 6 vouchers?   
What about during HH 5-8p; do your drinks get taken from your vouchers? 
thanks 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

John, I’m confused!  
So if you are P in a regular cabin (not a suite), and you go to the Suite lounge - do your beer/wine drinks between 11-11 get taken from your 6 vouchers?   
What about during HH 5-8p; do your drinks get taken from your vouchers? 
thanks 

Yes, no free drinks for Pins (NSPP's) in the SL. Official policy, obviously. YMMV

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Suite lounge should be just that!  Few years ago we were in an OS on Allure and we couldn't find a seat in the SL before dinner due to all the Pins.  Then as soon as the free cocktails ended the place emptied out.  

I had same thing happen to us on oasis Pins would have all the bar seats .

On 6/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, George C said:

Free drinks for 3 hours normally 5 to 8 pm, including wine beer and liquor normally with a 13 dollar limit, if you order something above 13 you pay the difference, example if you order a wine that is 15 dollars you pay 2 and tip so 2.18 .

Math is hard.

$2.36

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Suite lounge should be just that!  Few years ago we were in an OS on Allure and we couldn't find a seat in the SL before dinner due to all the Pins.  Then as soon as the free cocktails ended the place emptied out.  

1 hour ago, George C said:

I had same thing happen to us on oasis Pins would have all the bar seats .

So are you complaining that this doesn't happen any more?  😉 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Suite lounge should be just that!  Few years ago we were in an OS on Allure and we couldn't find a seat in the SL before dinner due to all the Pins.

It sounds like Royal is trying to limit the numbers of non-suite guests in the lounge.  I did have a few cruises where only the suite guests were allowed and it was pretty nice.  OTOH, there was plenty of room so some others guests could have attended.  It will be interesting to see how the limits play out.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I never minded pinnacles in lounge , but I like to sit at the bar, our cruise 6 months ago they didn’t let anyone sit at suite bar on allure . But service in lounge was excellent never needed to wait long for drinks. 

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, complaining "SO" maybe it doesn't happen.  I know Pins who have never paid for a suite.  Yes, they live close to the ports and do last minute cheap cruises several times a year and accumulate points to become Pins.  When I pay $8,000 for an OS and fly across the country, I should get access to the SL before a Pins not in a suite.  Maybe that makes me look "entitled" but then maybe I am.     

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

When I pay $8,000 for an OS and fly across the country, I should get access to the SL before a Pins not in a suite.

I agree.  I do think that Royal is trying to address the problem though by limiting access to the lounge depending on the numbers on board.  I haven't sailed since they have been allowed back in and am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

• Like 1