Daily testing is over

Poulsbo Cruisers

1 hour ago, photopro2 said:

I know we're suffering from serious topic drift here, but I can't resist pointing out that unless you're using your real name on Facebook that puts you in breach of their guidelines and renders your account liable to deletion.

If it gets deleted so what? I just use it to check opening times for local businesses and to chat in a few groups. Easy to open another account if needed. The one I have at the moment is a recent replacement after I forgot the password for previous. 

Advice from data protection experts is to not use genuine info unless it's on a secure service such as a bank or government site

14 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Wow....bummer. Given the apparent uptick in covid, it wouldn't surprise me if the ol' spit tubes reappear fairly soon, especially if cases are showing up. 

And given all the people who insist they be  photographed with Viking personnel sans their masks, not wonder they have had an outbreak on Mars and a general uptick in Covid.  Have to feel sorry for the employees who are put in this position.  See it on all the other major Viking sites with major followers and posters.i

1 hour ago, hutch1994 said:

And given all the people who insist they be  photographed with Viking personnel sans their masks, not wonder they have had an outbreak on Mars and a general uptick in Covid.  Have to feel sorry for the employees who are put in this position.  See it on all the other major Viking sites with major followers and posters.i

Wish they would require masks on the Mars. Just walking along the corridors you see multi cabins with “Do Not Disturb” signs on the door, used food trays in front of the door and blue bags. We wear masks,  try to avoid crowded venues, eat early, etc. If all were masked, I think it would make the situation more tolerable. No nasty remarks, please…this is just my opinion…you may think differently.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KBs mum said:

I'm confused, I was able to easily sign up here and for Facebook without using any genuine personal information

I was simply pointing out the difference between Cruisecritic and Facebook. You are welcome here without giving personal details, that is not the case with Facebook who threaten to block people who use false names - just saying....... 

8 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Here’s all I found about Facebook in the Cruise Critic Guidelines:

Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls

Cruise Critic loves Facebook. in fact, we maintain FB pages for all of our sites (Cruise Critic, CruiseCritic.co.uk, our Australia site, etc.). We have many people who participate on both our FB page and our message boards. We have no issues with people linking their own, personal FB pages in their profiles, or on your signature on Cruise Critic forums. You understand that doing so allows our members to know your "real life" name.

ROLL CALLS created on FB are not anonymous. Most of them are open to the public. Even if they are private groups, once you are accepted into the group everyone will know your real name. In doing so you have pretty much told all those people -- strangers -- when you will be away on vacation. The fact of the matter is most people do not understand how much personal information they are sharing.

On Cruise Critic roll calls, everyone is anonymous. You have the ability to remain as anonymous as you'd like throughout the entire Roll Call timeframe and throughout your entire cruise if you so desire. You can be JoeCruise101 until the day you disembark. The choice is yours, you share as much or as little as YOU choose to; everyone starts out on a level playing field on Cruise Critic. Anonymous user names only.

Also, FB Roll Calls have already proven to divide Roll Calls. People, for whatever reason, who cannot seem to get along may open a FB group and then want more people to participate, so they harvest members from the original ROLL CALL. There have been actual disruptions encouraged on FB directed towards our ROLL CALLs.

Interesting that your post didn’t end up in moderation limbo. Every time I’ve used the name of that site, I’ve been stopped by an algorithm that throws my post over to a moderator. 

On 7/2/2022 at 6:25 AM, hutch1994 said:

And given all the people who insist they be  photographed with Viking personnel sans their masks, not wonder they have had an outbreak on Mars and a general uptick in Covid.

Wow...I had a pic taken of one of our waiters on a RCCL ship back in March, but I didn't ask him to remove his mask - he did it on his own. Makes sense that what you're referring to could surely lead to additional cases, but I deem it more likely that it's attributable to pax not being masked, plus probably the relaxed (more like eliminated) testing protocol. I wasn't real fond of spitting in a tube every morning,  but if cases are going to start reappearing in greater numbers, maybe they should reinstate - at least testing prior to embarkation. That would seem to make sense. 

On 7/2/2022 at 6:25 AM, hutch1994 said:

What I meant are  the passengers who insist on being photographed without wearing a mask with the masked Viking employees.  Puts the employees in an awkward position.

Edited by hutch1994