The Sanctuary on Princess Caribbean

krufrank

Wondering about The Sanctuary for Princess Caribbean (West + East Caribbean 14 days). 

Cost? Is it worth it?

We booked it on our last Alaskan trip because it gave us incredible view for glacier. Just wondering if it’s worth it for Caribbean. 

I'll answer this way. If you enjoy sitting a good part of the day in a reserved lounge chair with some services then the sanctuary is for you. Cost I believe is still $20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if you book the entire cruise, all days. There isn't a lot of shade in the sanctuary.

The sanctuary is very popular on Caribbean cruises. Board early and go there directly to select your lounges. For the 2nd part of the b2b you should be able to reserve your place a day or two before the first leg is completed. Ask as the sanctuary. 

We usually reserve the Sanctuary on Caribbean Cruises. I like being able to rely on having a lounger and I like the shade. I also like the fact that on most ships the Sanctuary is adjacent to an adults only pool. On the grand class ships you go down a set of stairs to the Lotus Spa Pool (available for all adult age passengers at no additional cost) ob The Royal class ships the pool is just outside the Sanctuary. The service is great with easy food and beverage delivery and a special Sanctuary menu. For me, the $30/day to have your own reserved lounger is money well spent. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it. 

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Not really shade. There are nets that cover the area, but these do not protect from the intense sun's rays.

This is on Royal Class ships.  There is actually good shade on the Grand Class (by that I mean CB, RU, EP, KP).  I presume the Grand is similar, but never been on it. 

The OP just may be referring to the CB, but not sure from their wording.

9 hours ago, krufrank said:

Wondering about The Sanctuary for Princess Caribbean (West + East Caribbean 14 days). 

Cost? Is it worth it?

We booked it on our last Alaskan trip because it gave us incredible view for glacier. Just wondering if it’s worth it for Caribbean. 

The Caribbean sector is where the Sanctuary is in highest demand by far.  You need to be on board early and hustle up there to secure whatever you want.  Be aware that anyone staying on from the previous voyage will already have had the chance to book for your voyage time period before you step on board.  Also, a lot of chairs are set aside for full-voyage bookings in Caribbean, so if you only want sea days, for example, you need to be there early.  If you do not have priority boarding (Elite, Suite, or minimum Platinum), then good luck as you may well find it sold out - at least in the shady area.  If you want full sun, you have a better chance.

9 hours ago, skynight said:

Cost I believe is still $20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if you book the entire cruise, all days.

I can confirm that those were the prices on our Caribbean Princess cruise in January 2022. 

• Like 1