Flights from Rome

We are going on the OOS from Rome. Doing a pre cruise trip into Rome, and going home to the US right after the cruise. Can we make a 10:30 am departure from FCO? I know it's about an hour drive by private transfer. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Johnkut said:

We are going on the OOS from Rome. Doing a pre cruise trip into Rome, and going home to the US right after the cruise. Can we make a 10:30 am departure from FCO? I know it's about an hour drive by private transfer. Thanks

No you won’t make it. I wouldn’t even look at a flight before noon

we just flew back from Rome a couple of weeks ago after staying in Italy after our TA. Our flight was at 9:40, but we stayed at the Hilton at the airport the night before. The hotel is attached to the airport via a walkway.. the hotel said we needed over 2 hours before boarding and they were right.  

7 hours ago, Johnkut said:

Absolutely the longest checkin line, over two hours, was after a cruise and flying out of FCO.  Not worth the chance. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Johnkut said:

What if we have priority check in and Priority security line thru United?

Then by all means book it - then watch it fly away as you are stuck in a line.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you asked for advice, got the advice, and then promptly ignored it.  🙂

24 minutes ago, Johnkut said:

I'm a gambling man, so we are going to try it. My neighbor just got off the same cruise, and made a 10:00 AM flight. If not, oh well.

I dont think you will get the 7am train. The 7.30 is doable. 

That gets you into Fiumicino at 8.44. Change at Trastevere to save you going to Termini. Train times are on Trenitalia web site. Only 11 Euros fare

I was looking at an earlier flight out of Rome as well but read that there was no guarantee of what time immigrations and customs would have all the stuff they needed done before clearing passengers to get off the ship. Our itinerary says we would arrive at 5am. How does that usually work? Is 7am a realistic time for a self-debarkation? I am looking at a 1:25pm flight right now but would sure love an earlier one if its feasible. 

Air2Sea booked us an 11:30 from Rome.  Self assist was allowed off at 6:30. We left the port area with a private transfer a little after 7 and made it in plenty of time.  But the line for our airline for check-in was pretty short.  Other airlines were extremely long.  You also have to go through lines for security and passport control.  Ours went pretty smoothly.  With one hour less it could be pretty tight or impossible, especially if any of the above lines are long.  Also be aware that any private transportation has to be pre-approved to get through security and into the cruise terminal area, so make sure whatever private transport you book can get in to pick you up.  If you risk the early flight I would recommend having a back up plan.