Booking to go 1 more week when you are already on the ship?

The Collie

I got a good rate on the Splendor for 6/28 from an offer in my account and put it on hold. I really want the cruise that leaves the following week as it includes Sitka however the oceanview rate is a bit too much in price for me and I know I would lose my mind with no window (interior was priced well). 

Have any of you been able to get a very low rate for the following week while you are actually on the ship booking with customer service (or whoever you would do it with)? I'm low status (only been on 1 CC). 

There is nobody on the ship that books cruises anymore. You can access carnival.com and book on your own using the free wifi or the internet cafe though. The "Welcome home" offer may or may not be loaded on your account that soon, but even if it is it's not a "very" low rate generally. Your best bet will be to hope for a last minute price reduction to fill the ship.

• Like 1

I'd expect July and August to command the highest rates for Alaska cruises. You should compare the cost of a balcony for the Sitka cruise versus what you'll spend on a B2B. Although fares for the Sitka cruise may drop by July, I wouldn't count on it.

13 hours ago, The Collie said:

I got a good rate on the Splendor for 6/28 from an offer in my account and put it on hold. I really want the cruise that leaves the following week as it includes Sitka however the oceanview rate is a bit too much in price for me and I know I would lose my mind with no window (interior was priced well). 

Have any of you been able to get a very low rate for the following week while you are actually on the ship booking with customer service (or whoever you would do it with)? I'm low status (only been on 1 CC). 

How often are you in your room in Alaska? It's only a week in an inside. We usually do balconys but my wife and I did an inside for an Alaskan cruise and it was fine. We weren't in the cabin much except to sleep and shower. I see insides are $295 and oceanviews are $638.

Touch decision. Hopefully the price will go down but you are talking about prime Alaska sailings so as mentioned above the chances are slim.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Happy sailing!

Alaska was the only cruise that I used my balcony much. In the early morning, we could see whales spouting water in the distance. We often book inside cabins because we like to spend our time out on the deck. It’s nice being on the deck because you can walk from side to side so you don’t miss any of the scenery or wildlife. If you book an inside, I’m sure you will still have a great experience. 

• Like 1

You'd probably have better luck booking the interior and hoping for an upgrade offer. (Assuming you really want to go and would be able to settle for the interior if no offers came.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

How often are you in your room in Alaska? It's only a week in an inside. We usually do balconys but my wife and I did an inside for an Alaskan cruise and it was fine. We weren't in the cabin much except to sleep and shower. I see insides are $295 and oceanviews are $638.

Touch decision. Hopefully the price will go down but you are talking about prime Alaska sailings so as mentioned above the chances are slim.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Happy sailing!

I'm in my room a lot. I'm not very social tbh. You see an OV on the 7/5 sailing? I don't see that at all. 

1 hour ago, The Collie said:

I'm in my room a lot. I'm not very social tbh. You see an OV on the 7/5 sailing? I don't see that at all. 

There are a few OV’s available at this time.  $959 PP, $1918 solo.  Plus taxes of $255.86 PP.  Not cheap.  This is the only Carnival cruise of the season that goes to Sitka, so it’s very popular.  BTW, I’m in an inside cabin on the 7/5 sailing.  Normally I do OV or balcony but couldn’t pass up the price of an inside.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Collie said:

I see cabin 1234 available at $638 pp. assuming you are cruising solo it would probably be a little over $1500 

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

There are a few OV’s available at this time.  $959 PP, $1918 solo.  Plus taxes of $255.86 PP.  Not cheap.  This is the only Carnival cruise of the season that goes to Sitka, so it’s very popular.  BTW, I’m in an inside cabin on the 7/5 sailing.  Normally I do OV or balcony but couldn’t pass up the price of an inside.

Yeah I was going to put it on hold but putting it on hold wasn't an option. I have on hold the one right before it that's an OV for $315.86 but no Sitka. I've done all the usual stops being from AK cruises except for that one, Icy and Haines (which you can do from Skagway). 

OMG…I just did a dummy booking for that date, and came up with an inside solo for $45, plus $255.86 taxes, etc.  Total for solo $300.86.  Of course, airfare from the east coast non-hub city would be a killer, plus hotel…. Amazing.  Wish I could go.  EM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

OMG…I just did a dummy booking for that date, and came up with an inside solo for $45, plus $255.86 taxes, etc.  Total for solo $300.86.  Of course, airfare from the east coast non-hub city would be a killer, plus hotel…. Amazing.  Wish I could go.  EM

This is a much better rate than I saw with a dummy booking.  That’s an incredible offer actually. Too bad you can’t take advantage of it! I live on the west coast and the only decent offers I get are on the east coast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

This is a much better rate than I saw with a dummy booking.  That’s an incredible offer actually. Too bad you can’t take advantage of it! I live on the west coast and the only decent offers I get are on the east coast.

Same here.  Lots of east coast offers for me too. Such long flights to get to them though.