Voom question

Just making sure I got this right.  If I purchase a voom package for 1 device for both husband and myself it would cost around 500.  If I purchased a 2 device plan under just my name it would be 377.  So of course its better to do the 2 device under my name.  Dumb question,  can we both be using voom at the same time?  If yes, them why would anyone purchase separately? 

• Haha 1

You do have it right. We typically buy 4 devices under my name and log in my in-laws’ devices in addition to ours. 

Only reason I can think of for purchasing under multiple people would be if you exceeded the 4 devices. 

• Thanks 2

Other than tricking people into paying more for Voom, the only possible reasonable explanation I have for buying multiple single-device Voom packages is if everyone in the room has a separate folio and wants to pay their own expenses individually.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ravenjls said:

If yes, them why would anyone purchase separately? 

Some folks get confused and don't understand how Voom works. Also, there have been a few times (very rare), when RCI put only the single device package on sale and not the multidevice ones, so buying two single devices packages ended up being cheaper.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

so my wife and I both would need separate passwords to use voom?

When you first set up the package on board the ship, you designate a Username and a PIN Code. 

Everyone who uses that package uses the same Username and PIN Code.

If you have a 2-device package, two different devices can be connected at the same time, both using the same Username and PIN Code.  If a third device tries to connect using that Username and PIN Code, they get a notice that all available devices are in use, and they get the option to bump off one of those devices and connect to the system, or just not connect the third device.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, brillohead said:

When you first set up the package on board the ship, you designate a Username and a PIN Code. 

Everyone who uses that package uses the same Username and PIN Code.

If you have a 2-device package, two different devices can be connected at the same time, both using the same Username and PIN Code.  If a third device tries to connect using that Username and PIN Code, they get a notice that all available devices are in use, and they get the option to bump off one of those devices and connect to the system, or just not connect the third device.

thank you for your answer.  I now know how it works.  Have a great day

• Like 1