making Diamond mid-cruise

I have seen this question asked in the past, but searches only come up with other cruise lines.

what does Carnival do when you achieve a new status mid cruise?   It seems years ago when we made platinum we received our platinum cards when boarding although we had a day or two to go.  Of course, all things chang, especially after COVID.

THIA

MB

Guest BasicSailor

You'll be Diamond the entire cruise.  But to be honest it's not exactly nothing to be thrilled about these days.

47 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

You'll be Diamond the entire cruise.  But to be honest it's not exactly nothing to be thrilled about these days.

lol, you are so right! Was about 4 cruises away from Diamond before Covid, so when things started back, the deals were so good we finally had enough to make Diamond in January this year! I was so excited to finally make it! My first time showing my card, I think I expected bells and whistles to go off, or either someone say, oh you’re Diamond! Guess what, nothing happened and no one cared except me!  Maybe one day it will be like it was precovid, but doubt it. Still love carnival and am glad to be Diamond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Oh, I fully realize that, it’s just shows you what two years of lock down will do to your expectations! 🤣.  Carnivals loyalty program is about the worst in the business but they do sail the Caribbean year around and they are our go to line when we want a get away without having to fly.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

So all of you got your upgraded card when boarding, even if it wouldn’t happen for a few days?

Yes.  Back when I turned Platinum, I got the card when I boarded and didn't officially turn Platinum till the last day of the cruise.

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

lol, you are so right! Was about 4 cruises away from Diamond before Covid, so when things started back, the deals were so good we finally had enough to make Diamond in January this year! I was so excited to finally make it! My first time showing my card, I think I expected bells and whistles to go off, or either someone say, oh you’re Diamond! Guess what, nothing happened and no one cared except me!  Maybe one day it will be like it was precovid, but doubt it. Still love carnival and am glad to be Diamond.

Yep, it's beyond ridiculous.🤣 It's just a plastic card these days with a little color on it. Most of those things that stopped with covid  will never return.

7 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

So all of you got your upgraded card when boarding, even if it wouldn’t happen for a few days?

Yes. Carnival is the only cruise line I know of that does that. Royal does not, Princess does not. You get the up grade on your next cruise with them.

• Like 2

I have a solo booked in a couple of months. That will put me 14 days from Diamond. The next cruise I have booked is a 14-day Alaska cruise on the Miracle. I'm not sure if I'll be Diamond from the beginning of that cruise or not, but I think we're going to squeeze in a 4-day on the Radiance before Alaska just to be sure. 😍 

• Like 2

DH and I turned Diamond on a cruise in April and we were Diamond status from the beginning of the cruise. We had the white Diamond cabin key cards and all of our documents said Diamond. We had the special Diamond event (a great luncheon on the Magic) and there was the Platinum/Diamond cocktail party. Unfortunately, on our next Carnival cruise a few weeks later, no special Diamond event or Platinum/Diamond cocktail party - excuse given was due to staffing visa issues, not enough staff to do special events. This is in place until June 30th.  It was very disappointing after such nice events on the Magic.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
7 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

DH and I turned Diamond on a cruise in April and we were Diamond status from the beginning of the cruise. We had the white Diamond cabin key cards and all of our documents said Diamond. We had the special Diamond event (a great luncheon on the Magic) and there was the Platinum/Diamond cocktail party. Unfortunately, on our next Carnival cruise a few weeks later, no special Diamond event or Platinum/Diamond cocktail party - excuse given was due to staffing visa issues, not enough staff to do special events. This is in place until June 30th.  It was very disappointing after such nice events on the Magic.

True that it's supposed to be in place until June 30th. Something tells me it will be the end of those parties as we know it. Carnival just figured out another way to save money while slowly making changes to the loyalty program as we know it. If there's a staffing problem at the Diamond party, I can just walk up to the bar and order a drink. 

10 hours ago, RollingMeadows said:

I have a solo booked in a couple of months. That will put me 14 days from Diamond. The next cruise I have booked is a 14-day Alaska cruise on the Miracle. I'm not sure if I'll be Diamond from the beginning of that cruise or not, but I think we're going to squeeze in a 4-day on the Radiance before Alaska just to be sure. 😍 

If your "Diamond Day" is debark day, you will be Diamond the next cruise