Pros and cons using Celebrity Air

doktor71

After going back and forth between keeping our booking with FBC or booking directly with AA we decided to book with AA.  Reading all the recent reviews on FBC helped make the decision.  Booking a flexible ticket directly with AA was $188 more but feel it would be best dealing directly with them in case something goes wrong. Flight isn’t until next May and hopefully we won’t have any issues to find out.  

I was told by an AA rep (and not sure if it’s true) that if a flight is booked by a third party company and we have issues with flights and can’t get through to 3rd party rep we could be charged $50 pp for each issue that comes up.  Someone else might have direct knowledge of this and post to help others trying to decide booking directly with airline or deferring cost and booking with FBC or other company.  

Drakes2-  just wanted you to know that we did not pay baggage fees in April as we have a Aeroplan credit card & flight was booked through Celebrity Air.

Edited by If only
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RTR 21-0 said:

After going back and forth between keeping our booking with FBC or booking directly with AA we decided to book with AA.  Reading all the recent reviews on FBC helped make the decision.  Booking a flexible ticket directly with AA was $188 more but feel it would be best dealing directly with them in case something goes wrong. Flight isn’t until next May and hopefully we won’t have any issues to find out.  

I was told by an AA rep (and not sure if it’s true) that if a flight is booked by a third party company and we have issues with flights and can’t get through to 3rd party rep we could be charged $50 pp for each issue that comes up.  Someone else might have direct knowledge of this and post to help others trying to decide booking directly with airline or deferring cost and booking with FBC or other company.  

I also found the Flexible rates on AA for our SA cruise to be only about $100 more than the non-refundable rates which were the same as the FBC rates.   FBC never offered the Premium Economy fares on the flights we wanted which connected in MIA and only offered a JFK connection on the return which was about 3 hrs longer flight times.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, dream2cruise said:

I’m checking daily to see if any seats open up for us.

Woo hoo!!  I got back our original seats on our outgoing flight!!! It pays to check seats multiple times each day.  I am doing a happy 💃 dance.

• Like 1