Royal UP

....I actually booked by a TA but later on I received an email from RCCL directly, proposing me to bid with Royal UP, and so did I...

What happens to my TA reservation (fully paid already)  if RCCL ever accepts my bid? 

24 minutes ago, cvasto said:

one more question. we are a family of 4. If our bid is accepted, all members move with us, correct?

Yes, even though you only pay for 2.  As long as the 4 are all booked in the 1 room that wins the upgrade....

• Like 1

We received an option to bid for the cruise we are currently on about four weeks ago and received emails weekly asking us if we wanted to bid on an upgrade.

Decided to bid on three the last week and were successful.

Received the confirmation  about 48 hours before departure.

We put in the lowest asking price.

Currently docked in sunny Ensenada.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, vandals04 said:

If I didn't receive an invite email do I have to wait until under 30 days to go directly to the Royal Up website?  I'm at a little over 60 days and keep getting the 30 day error.

You can keep trying. I didn't receive an email at all for my last 2 cruises. I was able to bid at 90 days out for one and 45 for the other. I just kept checking until it worked. 

1 hour ago, crusnbee said:

I was wondering if it may somehow be connected with your sailing status. I bid on one right after the restart and many people were upgraded while I was not.

Any hint that wins are in any way associated with C&A status are anecdotal at best.

7 hours ago, crusnbee said:

I was wondering if it may somehow be connected with your sailing status. I bid on one right after the restart and many people were upgraded while I was not. I was gold status.

It has nothing to do with status! I've bid when I was Emerald...I've bid while I was Diamond. I've NEVER won a bid! I bid slightly above minimum. Currently waiting to see if my bid is accepted for my upcoming Aug. Cruise.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:15 AM, John&LaLa said:

I can bid on multiple suites for Indy this coming weekend, but passing because my balcony is right next to elevators 😁

Interesting...  I dislike being near elevators on cruise ships and hotel because of the extra traffic/noise.  Everyone's different!  🙂