HAL merchandise unloaded in Ottawa

daisy-mae

I've just discovered what HAL did with some of the souvenir merchandise that didn't (or wouldn't) sell during the shutdown. When visiting a local liquidation sale in Ottawa, Canada yesterday, I couldn't help but notice a number of tables piled high with Holland America merchandise, including mugs, caps, t-shirts, bags marked Panama, Rome, among other destinations.

Who needs to book a cruise when you can buy a new t-shirt and pretend (or dream)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, daisy-mae said:

I've just discovered what HAL did with some of the souvenir merchandise that didn't (or wouldn't) sell during the shutdown. When visiting a local liquidation sale in Ottawa, Canada yesterday, I couldn't help but notice a number of tables piled high with Holland America merchandise, including mugs, caps, t-shirts, bags marked Panama, Rome, among other destinations.

Who needs to book a cruise when you can buy a new t-shirt and pretend (or dream)?

I always need inexpensive t-shirts for working in my garden. Is the sale still on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's an ongoing event at the EY Centre. They close down for a few days to re-stock then re-open with a sliding scale of prices for electronics and a fixed price for other items. I believe it has re-opened today and should last until early next week.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I always need inexpensive t-shirts for working in my garden. Is the sale still on?

Doh - I'm beginning to wonder if we are in need of a sarcasm icon...

Edited by daisy-mae
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

That was a legitimate question, no sarcasm intended.

Good to know - it was the little laughing "Ha-Ha" response by TiogaCruiser that had me second-guessing my answer to your question.

(A word of caution - parking fees might apply if another event is ongoing.)

2 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

Good to know - it was the little laughing "Ha-Ha" response by TiogaCruiser that had me second-guessing my answer to your question.

(A word of caution - parking fees might apply if another event is ongoing.)

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the information, and the warning about parking. There never seems to be consistency in that regard.

With the thunder rolling around us here in the east end, and the warning about possible tornados, I don't think I'll venture out right now. Perhaps on the weekend. 

• Like 1