Free wine bottle for solo traveler at the steakhouse?

crespo

Does Carnival still offers a free bottle of the house wine when booking at the steakhouse for the first two nights? 

What is you are dining solo? Do you still get the free bottle?

What happens if you don't finish the bottle? Can you transfer it to the main dining hall or do you take it to the cabin? 

I found a blog in the carnival website but it's old and it says "you _may_ get a free bottle of wine." So I'm looking for current info.

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, crespo said:

What happens if you don't finish the bottle? Can you transfer it to the main dining hall or do you take it to the cabin? 

If you're on Mardi Gras, the free wine/50% off is also offered in Rudi's.  And you don't even have to open the wine, I usually just take the bottle with me.  And I will take it to a comedy show, or anywhere else I may wander.  :)

• Thanks 1

Like cruissin*tigger posted, instead of the free bottle of wine, you can purchase a couple bottles of wine off of their wine selection at 50% off.  I did this 5-6 years ago and bought 5 bottles at 50% off, which they stored them for me at my MDR.  I'm not sure how many they will sell now at 50% off but it doesn't hurt to ask.  

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

I know tastes in wine are subjective, however the free bottle (red Santa Helena) was a tough swallow. I made the error of ordering it. If you don't mind paying, I'd suggest ordering a 50% off bottle.

Anyways, happy sailing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, mdin said:

I know tastes in wine are subjective, however the free bottle (red Santa Helena) was a tough swallow. I made the error of ordering it. If you don't mind paying, I'd suggest ordering a 50% off bottle.

Anyways, happy sailing!

Can't be worse than Mad Dog 20/20 🙃

See the source image

20 hours ago, crespo said:

Does Carnival still offers a free bottle of the house wine when booking at the steakhouse for the first two nights? 

What is you are dining solo? Do you still get the free bottle?

I found a blog in the carnival website but it's old and it says "you _may_ get a free bottle of wine." So I'm looking for current info.

Thanks! 

Yes you will get a free bottle of wine red or white it is the brand Carnival serves, if you want a different wine then you get a discount. I never finish my bottle so I ask them to place in chiller and when I go to the dining room I let them know I have a bottle in the steakhouse and they retrieve it for me.

10 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Oooo a free bottle of $6 wine marked up to $24.

where does the line begin?

But that's pretty well everywhere you dine on land too.  We ate at a restaurant last night that had an OK selection of "drinkable" wines, and the one we ordered was marked up from the usual $11 retail price to $30, and frankly that was a good ratio in my experience - just under 3:1.

The first time we ate at a Steakhouse on Carnival we ordered a very nice bottle for 50% off, just as a treat.  Since then we just order by the glass, since we have Cheers.

• Like 2