Apex - Theater Times and First Night Orientation?

carolina_yankee

We found out Celebrity just cleared our Waitlist for Anytime Dining so I have a few planning questions:

- What times are the main theater shows so that we can plan dinner around them? Does Apex have any particular "don't miss" production shows on specific nights? We are sailing a 7 night Western Caribbean itinerary in November.

- Is there anything particular about the first night show that would make it useful for Celebrity or Apex newbies like us? I know some ships use it as an orientation time in addition to some entertainment.

- Finally, any chance the show schedule will show up in the app before the cruise. If so, how early does that happen? Right now, they just have excursion times on the calendar. 

Thanks!

Shows are normally and 7 and 9.  We prefer the individual entertainers to the production shows so can help with "don't miss" shows.

In my experience the activity schedules in the app are not really up to date until possibly very close to sailing.  

I can confirm that the shows were generally 7 and 9 pm last month on the Apex.  I think there was an unplanned exception when something had to be postponed once during our B2B cruises.  The big production shows were Rockumentary and Crystallize.  You can check them out on YouTube to get samples.  The video boards behind the stage are really amazing, so you might want to check them out even if you are not a huge fan of Celebrity production shows.

Tom & Judy

Good to know that we can plan for 7 or 9. 7 pm is actually a preferred dining time for us and we can book a 6:30 time if we want to linger before a show.

I didn’t think about checking the shows out on YouTube. Great idea! The video boards are what caught my attention in the first place.

When we cruised Apex in December the shows were 7:30 and 9:30.  First time I've seen those times in 65+ X cruises.  Not sure why they were later than other ships, or if it has changed since then.

We don't normally like production shows but we thought Rockumentary was one of the best shows we have ever seen, on a ship or in Vegas.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:26 AM, carolina_yankee said:

What times are the main theater shows so that we can plan dinner around them? Does Apex have any particular "don't miss" production shows on specific nights? We are sailing a 7 night Western Caribbean itinerary in November.

On the 7 Night Western Caribbean cruise in January 2022, the Theatre show times were 7:30pm & 9:30pm.  Currently, Apex's  European cruises are running their shows at 7:00pm & 9:00 pm. You won't know the order of the shows until a couple weeks before your cruise.  I have been tracking the shows pretty closely because I'm booked on Apex for the NYE 2023 cruise and they mix up the order of shows from cruise to cruise.

11 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

On the 7 Night Western Caribbean cruise in January 2022, the Theatre show times were 7:30pm & 9:30pm.  Currently, Apex's  European cruises are running their shows at 7:00pm & 9:00 pm. You won't know the order of the shows until a couple weeks before your cruise.  I have been tracking the shows pretty closely because I'm booked on Apex for the NYE 2023 cruise and they mix up the order of shows from cruise to cruise.

Thanks for that bit of info since we are taking a 7 night Western. I could see the European cruises being earlier given the early starts each day. If it is 9:30, that's awesome because it means a 7ish dinner wouldn't be rushed.