Sodas, Drink Package, and Cans

carolina_yankee

Our previous cruises on another line had soda stations where you could get your own sodas or fill your own thermos (from a clean cup, hygienically, of course!). 

We will have the premium drink package. Is there either a fountain (in the buffet, maybe?) or other way we could fill our thermoses or take a couple of cans to the stateroom? We will be on the Apex if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Do the bars not serve fountain drinks from a soda gun?

Cans only?

I prefer cans, so am happy with that.  But I think you could get from the soda guns as well. I seem to remember one time they made something for me using soda from guns…..but I’m not positive.  I was either ordering alcoholic drinks that didn’t use soda or a can of Diet Coke.

Edited by Lbicklel

1 hour ago, Lbicklel said:

I prefer cans, so am happy with that.  But I think you could get from the soda guns as well. I seem to remember one time they made something for me using soda from guns…..but I’m not positive.  I was either ordering alcoholic drinks that didn’t use soda or a can of Diet Coke.

I sure do hope that it's not a cans only delivery of soft drinks. Wife much prefers that "fountain drink soda gun" over cans. 

At the present time, the soda guns are not being used and the ships are not stocking the materials needed for them.  They are distributing Coke products in cans.  

You also need to be aware that the available choices may be rather basic.  Coke

Diet Coke, Coke Zero (not always both, it depends on what they can get)

Sprite

Sprite Zero

Club Soda

Ginger ale

Don’t be surprised if something isn’t available due to supply chain issues. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

At the present time, the soda guns are not being used and the ships are not stocking the materials needed for them.  They are distributing Coke products in cans.  

You also need to be aware that the available choices may be rather basic.  Coke

Diet Coke, Coke Zero (not always both, it depends on what they can get)

Sprite

Sprite Zero

Club Soda

Ginger ale

Don’t be surprised if something isn’t available due to supply chain issues. 

Wow. Very surprising. Your response and information are very much appreciated. 

Thanks for the information. I prefer the taste of soda guns or fountains sodas, but cans are fine. I can tell I will want to build up a little collection and pour into my insulated mug with some ice for lounging sometimes.

It would be great if the have Coke Zero, but if it’s just Diet Coke, that’s survivable, too. 🙂

Every Celebrity cruise I've been on, including one in the fall and one a couple of weeks ago, has had both Coke Zero and Diet Coke available (all have departed from the U.S., which I assume is relevant to supply availability). On my most recent cruise, sometimes a server would say the bar had only one or the other, but either the server or my friend and I would be able to find what we wanted at another bar. 

I met the beverage manager on the Summit on my last cruise, and he said Coke Zero and Sprite Zero are the most popular sodas on the ship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Does Celebrity allow us to bring cans of soda onboard?  During our 2019 cruise there were people at our dining table who said they always bring their sodas with them.

Yes.  A reasonable amount.  Thus probably 2 12pk per person.  We bring on diet tonic.  Otherwise with a drink packages why bother.

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes.  A reasonable amount.  Thus probably 2 12pk per person.  We bring on diet tonic.  Otherwise with a drink packages why bother.

Not any more.  Not allowed to bring on.

4 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Not any more.  Not allowed to bring on.

You said this on the last thread someone asked this question and a bunch of people challenged your assertion but you never replied again.  Why do you think this is no longer allowed?

• Like 1

What Not to Pack?

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

*****states any alcoholic beverages purchased on shore will be held till last day of cruise by the ship.

The subject at hand is SOFT DRINKS. 

Does your statement Not any more.  Not allowed to bring on.  refer to alcoholic beverages and/or plastic bottles rather than CANS of SOFT DRINKS?

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

What Not to Pack?

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • HAM Radios
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

So under FAQ Before You Board - No mention of Sodas or beverages

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Prohibited Items:

• Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Perishable Food & Meat Products
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Exceptions can be made for the following sporting goods; however, the item must be stored in the guest’s stateroom and cannot be used onboard.

• Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, and Golf clubs
  • Skateboards, Surfboards, and Bicycles

18 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Perhaps what you are quoting is out of date,?  Do you know of anyone having problems bring a non-alcoholic beverages on board with them in, say, the last six months?

No problems bring bottled water or cans of soda on the ship.  

When ordering a rum coke, the soda was taken from a can opened at the bar.