Contact method details doesn't allow for standardises international mobile phone numbers?

MouseBerry

Hi,

my first idea was "am an idot", but I was unable to enter my DW mobile phone number neither into the MedallionClassApp nor into the browser based option in the personal information/contact-method details.

The app/browser-dialog allows only to enter the country code (+49) and a 10 digit mobile phone number. My DW number has 11 digits. The international standard for mobile phone numbers allows up to 20 digits in total. 

Did someone ran into this problem before? What I'm supposed to do? Call Princess?

Well I could easily ignore it and enter my phone number as DW one, but reachability and electronic communication is so important these days.

cheers

MouseBerry

3 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

my first idea was "am an idot", but I was unable to enter my DW mobile phone number neither into the MedallionClassApp nor into the browser based option in the personal information/contact-method details.

The app/browser-dialog allows only to enter the country code (+49) and a 10 digit mobile phone number. My DW number has 11 digits. The international standard for mobile phone numbers allows up to 20 digits in total. 

Did someone ran into this problem before? What I'm supposed to do? Call Princess?

Well I could easily ignore it and enter my phone number as DW one, but reachability and electronic communication is so important these days.

cheers

MouseBerry

We use just one cell phone on both accounts.

I’d just add your DW’s number for you,  for now.  

Like AF-1 suggested, the agent at the port or OB will help you.

The other part of your question is answered by, it has been a long standing problem on both the app and the problem carried over to the website. So, no, you are not an idiot. 

Your phone number is tied to your emergency return home airport. It may not allow you to select that too.

The answer for all things Medallion is, just bring everything to the port.

Well, a set of personal information is required to be set up. Among them are contact details and here the mobile phone number is a required info to be provided. I use my number for DW as well. I have no idea how one could board the ship without providing the info. Maybe the software is lazy and not enforcing the info which is marked as required. 

cheers

MouseBerry

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Not sure i understand why Princess needs your phone number?

They don't have mine and it has never been a problem

One very obvious reason is that if you happened to be late returning to the ship at a given port they will be able to call!