Parking at Los Angeles World Cruise Center with 3 ships in port

1emerald1

I am booked on a cruise leaving out of San Pedro and there will be 3 ships in port.  I normally stay at the Doubletree, park there and Uber over to the ship.  The Doubletree is sold out, so I think my only alternative is to get up early and drive.  Has anyone had experience finding parking when 3 ships are in port, preferably handi-cap parking?

I’ve parked many times at San Pedro cruise terminal.The parking lot is huge .I believe over 2000 parking spots. Near where Princess checks in there’s kind of a separate lot and then further down where Norwegian boards there’s another area. But you might want to call the phone number and ask them how many handicap spots they have ,if that’s what you require.

I am assuming You have checked other hotels in the area besides the Doubletree for cruise stay and parking.

About Parking Concepts, Inc.

Secured overnight parking lots for cruise facilities are managed by Parking Concepts, Inc. (PCI), a California-based parking company founded in 1974. For more information, call (800) 540-PARK. Parking is free for the first hour and $2/hour thereafter ($20 maximum/day).
Edited by arizonaperson

Thank you, I will call indeed!  Yes, I've checked out nearby hotels, and some are sold out as well.  I like the Doubletree as I can use my Hilton points. I'm hoping as final payment comes due there will be some cancellations.

I have never driven and parked at the cruise terminal (always find a ride).  With 3 ships in town, where are they mooring all of them?  Are they all dropping off/picking up passengers?  

I would time your arrival to coincide with those passengers leaving.  My guess is that those driving will be either off the ship early (long drive home).  9 - 10:30 would seem like a good time.  Drop off the bags then hunt for parking.

It may be a walk, but I know that the parking lot by the USS Iowa is rarely full.  Someone has mentioned that there might be a shuttle picking up people in the lots.  

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have never driven and parked at the cruise terminal (always find a ride).  With 3 ships in town, where are they mooring all of them?  Are they all dropping off/picking up passengers?  

I would time your arrival to coincide with those passengers leaving.  My guess is that those driving will be either off the ship early (long drive home).  9 - 10:30 would seem like a good time.  Drop off the bags then hunt for parking.

It may be a walk, but I know that the parking lot by the USS Iowa is rarely full.  Someone has mentioned that there might be a shuttle picking up people in the lots.  

Thanks, the Discovery is at 92, an RCL is at 93 and a Celebrity is at 50.  I would imagine that the Celebrity folks will check in at 93 then bus to 50. At least that was my experience on the Discovery inaugural cruise.

20 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Thanks, the Discovery is at 92, an RCL is at 93 and a Celebrity is at 50.  I would imagine that the Celebrity folks will check in at 93 then bus to 50. At least that was my experience on the Discovery inaugural cruise.

just in case others are reading this later the three ships are discovery princess, Norwegian jewel, and celebrity solstice in port the day the op/ author cruises.Not -royal Caribbean RCL.

i think this is October 29, 2022?

I still have never seen the parking lot full .

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

I've never heard of berth 50...??  We are on the Solstice from the 22nd to the 29th. I see we are departing from berth 93 and returning to berth 50. We are very familiar with 92 & 93 from past cruises. Fortunately we  have a quick & easy drive home, no fight to catch, but I don't love the idea of taking a bus back to our car. I can't even find where 50 is on a map.

1 hour ago, 3girlsmom said:

I've never heard of berth 50...??  We are on the Solstice from the 22nd to the 29th. I see we are departing from berth 93 and returning to berth 50. We are very familiar with 92 & 93 from past cruises. Fortunately we  have a quick & easy drive home, no fight to catch, but I don't love the idea of taking a bus back to our car. I can't even find where 50 is on a map.

Berth 50 is where the Lane Victory was formerly berthed, in the outer harbor.  It's located at the south end of Miner Street in San Pedro.  There is a fairly large parking lot there, although I don't know if the port plans to offer long-term parking there for cruise passengers.  https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22213-los-angeles-plans-two-new-cruise-terminals.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are at the DT in July and planned to park there and hotel shuttle to the Nav of Seas.  We have a noon boarding, but need to get there at 1100 so the granddaughters can test before boarding.  Is it better to Uber over or hotel shuttle?  I called and they won't RVSP the shuttle until we check in.  

7 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We are at the DT in July and planned to park there and hotel shuttle to the Nav of Seas.  We have a noon boarding, but need to get there at 1100 so the granddaughters can test before boarding.  Is it better to Uber over or hotel shuttle?  I called and they won't RVSP the shuttle until we check in.  

The DoubleTree is so close, the Uber ride can't be much. It is certainly easier than the hotel shuttle.