something you bought on a cruise that became very helpful

ontheweb

1 minute ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

After my husband's luggage disappeared and was never found after leaving it outside the room on the last night on a Princess cruise (and we had it marked with a bright ribbon on the handle), we bought neon green straps to help distinguish our bags.  Makes them so easy to see and hopefully harder for someone to mistake as theirs.

We keep an odd collection of colored/specialty duct-tape splattered on the outside of our suitcases.  Really obnoxious.  🙄   It's just mix and match; if some falls off, we just add a strip of the duct-tape-du-jour.

We found some that is all sparkly, *really* sparkly.  Just the kind of thing a second grader would probably love.  Or perhaps kindergarten? 😉 

It obviously is also very useful in airport luggage claim areas.  We've also got some thinner ribbons tied in bunches on the handle.

And... we have thick day glow, textured rubberized wrap on the handles.  Not only is that very visible, but you can *feel* the difference instantly.

IF someone walks off with our luggage, it's definitely not by accident...

The assortment on each piece of luggage is all especially nice when we check into a 5* hotel, cruise-related or not.  "Classy"! 

GC

• Like 3

The best thing that I have ever brought on a cruise with me is the fellow in my profile pic. I've taken him on every cruise and never once regretted it; every single cruise he has been most useful and an absolute delight!🥂🥰

Edit: Oops, "bought", not "brought"...that would be future cruise deposits, as it guaranteed that the day we got home, I'd book another cruise with, you guessed it, the sweet gentleman in the profile pic!

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 3

Bought: Some hand-tooled leather change-purses in a little town in I think France, on our first TransAtlantic+Mediterranean. They proved to be just the size of folding sunglasses!

Brought: Probably my cellphone that is HAL Navigator checker, Alarm/Clock, Camera, E-mail checker, Flashlight, Flower Identifier, Samsung Health (pedometer), Contacts and Calendar, Kindle App, Computer device (Google, etc). Oh and it is also a phone!

Edited by crystalspin

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

The best thing that I have ever brought on a cruise with me is the fellow in my profile pic. I've taken him on every cruise and never once regretted it; every single cruise he has been most useful and an absolute delight!🥂🥰

Edit: Oops, "bought", not "brought"...that would be future cruise deposits, as it guaranteed that the day we got home, I'd book another cruise with, you guessed it, the sweet gentleman in the profile pic!

A good travel companion is worth his weight in gold!😁

• Like 1