Stateroom toiletries?

Skippy

The shampoo is in a dispenser on the wall so there’s plenty of that. But I’d recommend bringing a good conditioner. That 2 in 1 stuff doesn’t condition or detangle at all. The bar soap is a bit small but they can give you more if you ask. The body wash is in a wall dispenser, not some tiny bottle like at hotels so there’s plenty, no need to bring any yourself. There’s no lotion, so be sure to bring some of your own. 

• Like 1

They have 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash in the dispenser in the shower. The bar soap is at the sink. For women, the 2-in-1 is a no go. Wife and daughter would never touch it nor the bodywash. For me, both were fine. I am one of the in and out in 5-minutes type people. If you are into all that work in the shower and getting ready, it won't be for you.

I don't use any of the provided toiletries even though it would be easier not to have to bring my own.

Maybe I'm just fussy, but I absolutely hate the bar soap. It leaves my hands feeling like they are coated in a greasy film. I realize it's extra, but I bought some travel size foaming soap dispensers a few years ago and take those to wash my hands.

4 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

They have 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash in the dispenser in the shower. The bar soap is at the sink. For women, the 2-in-1 is a no go. Wife and daughter would never touch it nor the bodywash. For me, both were fine. I am one of the in and out in 5-minutes type people. If you are into all that work in the shower and getting ready, it won't be for you.

The shampoo and body wash are fine with me. I personally don’t need to bring all the extra shampoos and soaps for just a few days. The shampoo/conditioner does just fine for detangling my hair. However, if you have really long hair then it may not be for you.  If you do bring your own, just put it in a smaller container so it doesn’t take up much room.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2022 at 6:50 AM, Laurab23 said:

I get cheap pump hand soap for around $1 and leave it there.

Laura

I do this, too. Bring our own tissue box, instead of that sandpaper they give you. You definitely need better tissues when you get Covid on the ship....(yes, true story. On RCCL). 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cruisemom67 said:

I do this, too. Bring our own tissue box, instead of that sandpaper they give you. You definitely need better tissues when you get Covid on the ship....(yes, true story. On RCCL). 

This is why part of me is glad I got over covid a couple of weeks before my cruise.  

• Like 1

Who remembers the complimentary bath gift baskets with razors, toothpaste, headache and flu medications and .50z bottles of Caress Bath Exfoliator with Shea Butter and Brown Sugar Beads? Those were the days.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Stateroom Tour #8212 – Mousesteps

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cruisemom67 said:

I do this, too. Bring our own tissue box, instead of that sandpaper they give you. ...

Yes, agreed. That's on my list along with other items. No need to deny yourself creature comforts !

Tom

10 hours ago, AHS123 said:

Who remembers the complimentary bath gift baskets with razors, toothpaste, headache and flu medications and .50z bottles of Caress Bath Exfoliator with Shea Butter and Brown Sugar Beads? Those were the days.

Yes those were the days! never knew what we would get.

I find the body wash and shampoo/conditioner fine for me. Seems better quality now.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AHS123 said:

I sure do…that’s how I discovered  Skittles!   It was nice to see a whole basket of goodies!

• Like 2

I absolutely bring my own. Especially after being in the salt water or sunscreen in the air etc, I need a good shampoo and conditioner, plus I’m picky. I’d rather bing my own than be unhappy with what’s provided.

I’ve never understood why they couldn’t do a hand soap pump in the bathrooms like they do in public restrooms vs. bar soap. Like who uses bar soap after using the restroom? No thanks. So I’ll be bringing my own hand soap next cruise too. 

• 7 months later...
On 6/22/2022 at 1:09 AM, AHS123 said:

Sometimes there were some nice surprises, but you never knew what you were going to get, so it did not help reduce what you had to pack.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 1:09 AM, AHS123 said:

I got this & more on my first Carnival cruise, on the Victory out of San Juan, in February 2010.  I was impressed at the little touches Carnival had done for their guests, more than Royal Caribbean. Why did they stop doing this and downgrade their MD options/end free sushi etc., when they were better than Royal in these areas?

The body wash does the job- but looks and slightly smells like aftershave.  🙂.   The 2 in one shampoo/conditioner is pretty awful for anyone with fragile hair.   I bring small bottles with us, because all the salt water and sun fries me.