Address of new AmaWaterways dock in Vilshofen

marieps

Tons of articles on the opening, but like you, I wasn't able to find an address. Looking at numerous photos and their backgrounds, it appears to be in the area of the red line I've drawn. Not an exact address, but perhaps close enough for your driver.

1735153911_ScreenShot2022-06-21at11_37_30AM.thumb.png.3fb13db1dfca5fe81b39c722041c4044.png

3 hours ago, marieps said:

August.  That's enough time.  Thanks.

I would expect them to send you a link to your "cruise docs" here in a few weeks (they used to send out a physical copy as well but the last two I haven't gotten it though they did send the rest of their "kit", a document holder and baggage tags). Looking at my email I got the last one March 19 for an April 30 cruise.

This will be a long PDF with pretty much every detail in it including a diagram of the docking locations in both vilshofen and I'm guessing Budapest.

Failing that (I guess absolute worst case) day of in the app find the "daily cruiser" download its going to be on there on the first page.

looking at when I went in 2019 the OLD location was listed as (though I cant put in the German characters) 

Stadt steiger

untere Donaulande 6

94474 vilshofen.  

Im sure its gong to be within a thousand feet of that vilshofen isnt a big place.

heir web site (updated or not) lists it as

Docking area: Schiffsanlegestelle Donaupromenade 
Street Address: Street address: Untere Donaulände

Have fun  the Danube is great and so is Prague.

German news footage puts it close to the river bridge, so that is about where the old landing stage was - as per the google map. It may be the same spot or close by. Officially I could not find another street address as the one mentioned, but the building is called Donauwelle.

11 hours ago, CastleCritic said:

untere Donaulande 6

That should be close enough.

Put Vilshofen Donauwelle into google images (recent within a year) and it will show you what it looks like.

notamermaid

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Address of new AmaWaterways dock in Vilshofen
  • 2 weeks later...

The  map location is terrific thank you because when I leave the ship, I need to get to the Bahnhof and it looks closeby. Anyone know if UBER or Taxis are readily available from the port to the Bahnhof. thanks. I am on a cruise in August

on disembarkation you can have AMA arrange a taxi if that is what you are asking, and they will have a Time that gets you to the banhof at the time you ask for.

Vilshofen is a tiny place otherwise I suspect that Ubers would be available as the drivers would know that there is a ship that needs to unload.