Does anyone have any idea if Seattle hotels would allow early check in after cruise?

whitezin1776

My Alaska cruise(July 3-10) lets me off the Encore at about 10 am (latest)  My flight back to JFK is not until 9:30 at night.  Would like to get a hotel to spend some down time before the flight.  Does anyone know of a hotel that would allow an early check in....say 11 am or 12 noon?  I have called and was told by Double Tree Hilton that they could not guarantee anything until that day.  They need to see if there are accommodations.  Well, I'm not going to make a reservation (when a check in at 3 or 4 pm)  If I cannot get a confirmation of an early check in.  Need some advice here.

Edited by whitezin1776

• whitezin1776 changed the title to Does anyone have any idea if Seattle hotels would allow early check in after cruise?

You could book the prior night (for two nights) and then call to let the hotel know you won’t be arriving until morning. Otherwise, worst case most will hold your bags and you can go find a restaurant to relax in while waiting for your room.

• Like 1

I think that will be the answer across the board. You may have luck if you are in a high tier of any hotel rewards programs but even those are dependent upon availability. 

I would recommend booking with a hotel that has no cancellation fees; watch the rates and read the rules. You can check for availability once you disembark and then adjust accordingly. 

Most hotels offer a service to hold you bags so you could drop them off. Get some lunch and then check back to see if there is a room ready.

Also consider using one of the airline loyalty clubs for the day. Many have showers and the lounge areas are nice and comfortable. Some airlines will let you purchase a day pass and others are available with certain credit cards; for example, the Amex Centurion lounge. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, whitezin1776 said:

My Alaska cruise(July 3-10) lets me off the Encore at about 10 am (latest)  My flight back to JFK is not until 9:30 at night.  Would like to get a hotel to spend some down time before the flight.  Does anyone know of a hotel that would allow an early check in....say 11 am or 12 noon?  I have called and was told by Double Tree Hilton that they could not guarantee anything until that day.  They need to see if there are accommodations.  Well, I'm not going to make a reservation (when a check in at 3 or 4 pm)  If I cannot get a confirmation of an early check in.  Need some advice here.

Using my magic crystal ball, I would say that you could check in early. A few weeks from now, even though it is a holiday week, the hotel should have availability. (You can also do mock bookings to see if rooms are still available the night before you arrive). We're diamond members at hilton, so they will almost always accommodate us with an early check in. 

• Like 1

most hotels try to be accommodating if a traveler needs an early check in. if there is a room available, they will do their best. remember though, they have to deal with people checking out, and then send up the cleaning crew to refresh the linens and toiletries, clean the entire room, remake the beds, etc. in a large hotel, this takes time, so most hotels give a 12:pm checkout and a 3-4 p.m. check in.

also, remember that some people will request a late checkout which further ties up the room

• Like 1

guy asked a legitimate question, lighten up on him. he's on an ncl cruise

and tomorrows lottery numbers are 8, 16, 21 23 30, 32. good luck with that. if you play those numbers, i also have ocean view property in las vegas available for purchase!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Are you staying overnight in this hotel room or is your flight at 9:30pm the same day you disembark? If the latter, just google 'day use hotel Seattle' and you will get some options with day rates (most major cities have this service). They typically have options for 4, 6 or 8 hour stays at various rates.  Major hotels like to do this because depending on how long you use the room, they can possibly rent it twice in one day.

46 minutes ago, complawyer said:

guy asked a legitimate question, lighten up on him. he's on an ncl cruise

and tomorrows lottery numbers are 8, 16, 21 23 30, 32. good luck with that. if you play those numbers, i also have ocean view property in las vegas available for purchase!

While I don't recommend using them, they're actually 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

• Like 1

The hotel I stayed at after a cruise didn't have enough rooms to do early-checkin. But, they did offer to take our luggage and hold onto it to let us explore the city more. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, CindyPie1004 said:

I think that will be the answer across the board. You may have luck if you are in a high tier of any hotel rewards programs but even those are dependent upon availability. 

I would recommend booking with a hotel that has no cancellation fees; watch the rates and read the rules. You can check for availability once you disembark and then adjust accordingly. 

Most hotels offer a service to hold you bags so you could drop them off. Get some lunch and then check back to see if there is a room ready.

Also consider using one of the airline loyalty clubs for the day. Many have showers and the lounge areas are nice and comfortable. Some airlines will let you purchase a day pass and others are available with certain credit cards; for example, the Amex Centurion lounge. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Unfortunately both the Centurion Lounge and the Sky Club restrict access to 3 hours prior to take off (not including if your flight is delayed, then that time is extended -- or if the airport is your connection). The Centurion lounge at SEA is called a "Studio" because it is one of the (if not the) smallest studio they have. Especially in the summer, there's usually a wait to get in. Also, the Centurion lounge closes at 8pm (bar closing at 7), so just a heads up that this is no longer an option for travelers with later flights.