Difficulty Contacting Azamara?

SomersetCruiser999

I have three cruises booked and the final payment is due on the first one today.. I tried to ring several times over the last two weeks but couldn't get through at all and am really busy at work at the moment (I run a busy tourist attraction and its our peak period) so can't sit on hold for lengthy periods. When I hadn't been able to get through I thought it was ok because I could pay online but I can't find any link to do so! why say you can pay online in the email when that's not available? also they aren't open at the weekends, either day! hopefully the first of the three bookings won't auto cancel overnight and I can get through tomorrow.

Does anyone have a link to the online payment page? or does it not exist?

1 hour ago, DebbieMacG said:

I have three cruises booked and the final payment is due on the first one today.. I tried to ring several times over the last two weeks but couldn't get through at all and am really busy at work at the moment (I run a busy tourist attraction and its our peak period) so can't sit on hold for lengthy periods. When I hadn't been able to get through I thought it was ok because I could pay online but I can't find any link to do so! why say you can pay online in the email when that's not available? also they aren't open at the weekends, either day! hopefully the first of the three bookings won't auto cancel overnight and I can get through tomorrow.

Does anyone have a link to the online payment page? or does it not exist?

No online payment options at the moment unfortunately, we are on the same cruise and spoke to Azamara last week as we are awaiting some FCC. Our payment date was deferred until Wednesday while the query is being dealt with but was assured Azamara will never cancel a deposited booking without contacting the customer first. So I wouldn’t get concerned about them automatically cancelling your booking.
I was on hold for over an hour first time I phoned, rang off and immediately redialled and got through in 5 minutes. Possibly there’s a fault in the system, which is still Royal Caribbean’s, so I think the best system is to keep redialling if you don’t get an answer in 10 minutes, that’s going to be my strategy next week.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Riocca said:

No online payment options at the moment unfortunately, we are on the same cruise and spoke to Azamara last week as we are awaiting some FCC. Our payment date was deferred until Wednesday while the query is being dealt with but was assured Azamara will never cancel a deposited booking without contacting the customer first. So I wouldn’t get concerned about them automatically cancelling your booking.
I was on hold for over an hour first time I phoned, rang off and immediately redialled and got through in 5 minutes. Possibly there’s a fault in the system, which is still Royal Caribbean’s, so I think the best system is to keep redialling if you don’t get an answer in 10 minutes, that’s going to be my strategy next week.

Ok thanks, I'll try that, I've just hung up after been on hold for an hour and a half with no luck. I can't stay on hold all day as I'm at work. I've just tried redialling to see if your "trick" works! I appreciate your help.

12 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Ok thanks, I'll try that, I've just hung up after been on hold for an hour and a half with no luck. I can't stay on hold all day as I'm at work. I've just tried redialling to see if your "trick" works! I appreciate your help.

Good luck 🤞 

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

Good luck 🤞 

Thanks, sadly it's not working. I'm on call five now, current hold time 12 mins. I'm going to try ringing the U.S number soon see if I have any luck there. I did find the number for "any other country" and they picked up the phone quickly but once I gave them the first booking number they couldn't proceed further and take the payment, they said I had to ring the UK number but what are we supposed to do if we get no answer day after day after day?

I have just spent over 2 hours waiting on hold, on 2 calls to the 034 number on their UK website.Am in the same situation as DebbieMacG, attempting to pay for a cruise.Can someone provide the email address for Azamara which is being monitored by them so I can ask how someone in the UK can make a payment.

Thanks!

Edited by durante

Just now, durante said:

I have just spent over 2 hours waiting on hold, on 2 calls to the 04 number on their UK website.Am in the same situation as DebbieMacG, attempting to pay for a cruise.Can someone provide the email address for Azamara which is being monitored by them so I can ask how someone in the UK can make a payment.

Thanks!

Three times now we have called the UK number at about 19.00 on a Friday night and got answered within a minute. This is after calling during UK office hours and having no luck. We called the UK number

Just now, durante said:

I have just spent over 2 hours waiting on hold, on 2 calls to the 04 number on their UK website.Am in the same situation as DebbieMacG, attempting to pay for a cruise.Can someone provide the email address for Azamara which is being monitored by them so I can ask how someone in the UK can make a payment.

Thanks!

I'm on hold to the U.S number now but its been 30 mins so far and I'm still not through, I think (and hope) I've done it via wifi calling so it shouldn't run up a big phone bill.

11 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

I'm on hold to the U.S number now but its been 30 mins so far and I'm still not through, I think (and hope) I've done it via wifi calling so it shouldn't run up a big phone bill.

To be honest I don’t think it matters which numbers are used as it all seems to end up at the same call centre. I try to avoid what I think might be peak times for U.S. travel agents, that said I struggled last week at 9am U.K. time and in the past got through no problem at 4pm.

I’m hoping that once the new staff become more efficient it might improve an of course longer term that Azamara will have an online payment option which would drastically reduce the amount of phone traffic.

Just now, Riocca said:

To be honest I don’t think it matters which numbers are used as it all seems to end up at the same call centre. I try to avoid what I think might be peak times for U.S. travel agents, that said I struggled last week at 9am U.K. time and in the past got through no problem at 4pm.

I’m hoping that once the new staff become more efficient it might improve an of course longer term that Azamara will have an online payment option which would drastically reduce the amount of phone traffic.

After 58 minutes on hold to the U.S number I got through, they can't take the payment for a UK booking so it seems it does matter which number you ring, he's put me on hold to try and ring the "UK"  himself, hopefully he's got a different number to the general one or he and I might be in for a long wait, I'm at 6 hrs and 35 minutes today so far... I rang the minute they opened and within the last week I've tried all sorts of times.

12 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

After 58 minutes on hold to the U.S number I got through, they can't take the payment for a UK booking so it seems it does matter which number you ring, he's put me on hold to try and ring the "UK"  himself, hopefully he's got a different number to the general one or he and I might be in for a long wait, I'm at 6 hrs and 35 minutes today so far... I rang the minute they opened and within the last week I've tried all sorts of times.

Interesting, someone I spoke to a few weeks ago kept on confusing U.K. and U.S. offers, maybe they rotate staff or something. 
This is where we could do with someone like Richard Twynam in the U.K. who could sort things out as they did in the old days. 

• Like 1

After an hour to get through to the US number, they told me they couldn’t take payment and the guy tried to contact the U.K. number, I’ve been cut off after another hour on hold with the U.S, the guy put me on hold and never came back! Over 7 hours on hold today so I’m taking a break and I’ll try again about 7pm 

6 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

After an hour to get through to the US number, they told me they couldn’t take payment and the guy tried to contact the U.K. number, I’ve been cut off after another hour on hold with the U.S, the guy put me on hold and never came back! Over 7 hours on hold today so I’m taking a break and I’ll try again about 7pm 

That is truly appalling I would wait until they rang you now! 

1 minute ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Is there a complaints dept? Sometimes they'll deal with problems more promptly. Also how about Facebook and Twitter? 

Not sure about complaints dept but I’ve tried Facebook and Twitter 🙂

I'm feeling very sorry for you so I googled Azamara customer complaints and an email address and an online form came up. Might it be worth trying that? Nothing to lose and it'll give you something to do while you're hanging on the phone! 

There's also a number at UK call rates.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

I'm feeling very sorry for you so I googled Azamara customer complaints and an email address and an online form came up. Might it be worth trying that? Nothing to lose and it'll give you something to do while you're hanging on the phone! 

There's also a number at UK call rates.

Good luck.

Thanks I’ve tried the form and other email addresses and the U.K. call rates number is the one I’m trying, I appreciate your kind thoughts x 

I know travel is in turmoil at the moment but this is just not acceptable service. What sort of company is unable or unwilling to allow customers to pay their bills. I am hacked off on your behalf. 

• Like 3

Have you tried emailing Azamara Circle. Last time I used that email address I got an answer after a week or so. The email address I got the answer from was loyaltyintl@azamara.com

Incidentally, having said earlier that my Travel Agent had usually managed to get through to Azamara by ringing first thing in the morning, this didn’t work today. She hung on for 2 hours and was then cut off.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

43 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Have you tried emailing Azamara Circle. Last time I used that email address I got an answer after a week or so. The email address I got the answer from was loyaltyintl@azamara.com

Incidentally, having said earlier that my Travel Agent had usually managed to get through to Azamara by ringing first thing in the morning, this didn’t work today. She hung on for 2 hours and was then cut off.

That route was a black hole for me before this cruise 

I’ve contacted an acquaintance in Azamara’s U.K. office, I’ve met them on a couple of cruises, they have no access to the payment system but have alerted the Miami office to the problem.

Apparently the current problems with flights and airport problems is overwhelming the call centre they are expanding the department and things will improve but that’s no consolation at the moment. The transition away from Royal Caribbean to Azamara’s own system will also help but that’s a while away, so as I see it there’s no magic bullet but they are trying to resolve the situation.

Their suggestion is to phone at 8.30 am when the office opens, but if we are all doing this then it’s still going to cause problems.

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I’ve contacted an acquaintance in Azamara’s U.K. office, I’ve met them on a couple of cruises, they have no access to the payment system but have alerted the Miami office to the problem.

Apparently the current problems with flights and airport problems is overwhelming the call centre they are expanding the department and things will improve but that’s no consolation at the moment. The transition away from Royal Caribbean to Azamara’s own system will also help but that’s a while away, so as I see it there’s no magic bullet but they are trying to resolve the situation.

Their suggestion is to phone at 8.30 am when the office opens, but if we are all doing this then it’s still going to cause problems.

Thanks, I have tried this, it’s difficult for me to do daily as I’m at work though. Did you manage to find out what happens if people can’t get through and are past final payment date? Thanks 🙂