Check in time Southampton

Cdogg

I am interested in hearing if the requested check in times have been brought forward significantly to allow for Cunard COVID tests? I understand that in usual times the check in time is approximately 1-3pm. Would it be more like 12-2pm now? I am on Deck 5.

I understand there is no harm in arriving early. Meeting a friend in London in the AM and trying to get the timing right for train (which I hope will actually run).

My guess would be that the strikes will carry on intermittently for months. There have been trains to Soton in this strike, but obviously the service is reduced. Otherwise, I should think coach would be a possibility. And of course, there is the Cunard transfer.

• Like 1

Your boarding time is stated on e-documents for boarding.

It is meant to spread arrivals to avoid congestion and for your own safety. The premium paying pax always board first.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have a boarding time of 3:15pm but we have to check out of the hotel by 12:00 noon. We don't want to be lugging our bags around for over 3 hours. Our hotel is near the ship. Can we drop our bags off first and then check in later?

On 6/23/2022 at 9:10 PM, LadyL1 said:

Your boarding time is stated on e-documents for boarding.

It is meant to spread arrivals to avoid congestion and for your own safety. The premium paying pax always board first.

I wish that were true. We are Platinum, paid the full Cunard Fare for our cruise on 15 July, and we've been given a boarding time of 3.00 pm. Same thing happened when we went to the Caribbean in January.

56 minutes ago, markham said:

Platinum is not what is meant by “premium”. That would be Queens Grill, and within that group its top suites.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Cunard are still advertising Priority check in as one of the benefits of Platinum, so it's understandable to be disappointed with a 3pm check in time.

Screenshot_20220712-084427-816.png

No, it's not "fast track", although you may be able to skip the main Britannia queue if later.

It really only applies to boarding at 12:00 or whenever boarding starts.

The boarding is QG, PG, Diamond then Platinum. 

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

On a slightly different point, have porters reappeared to unload the car and take luggage to the drop off, or do you still have to do it yourself?

If one is using CPS parking then I'm afraid there are no porters standing around the 'new drop-off  area' which is now the other side of the 'slip roads' ,adjacent to the car park,   however, there are trolleys available.  On my last three experiences ( post pandemic) the  porters will attempt to meet those less able-bodied and offer assistance.    

7 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

If one is using CPS parking then I'm afraid there are no porters standing around the 'new drop-off  area' which is now the other side of the 'slip roads' ,adjacent to the car park,   however, there are trolleys available.  On my last three experiences ( post pandemic) the  porters will attempt to meet those less able-bodied and offer assistance.    

Yes, I was afraid of that. Nobody tried to assist me in April, alas. I wonder if it is shortage of staff or saving cash.

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Cunard are still advertising Priority check in as one of the benefits of Platinum, so it's understandable to be disappointed with a 3pm check in time.

Screenshot_20220712-084427-816.png

I wonder if 'priority check-in' translates as you will be boosted towards the front of the queue if there is a wait? Cleverly worded so they can issue you a random arrival time of their choice meaning the priority only kicks in once in the terminal building not when arrival times are allocated.