Dressing for Shipboard events!

uromac

Ahoy!

Trying to figure out everything we need for our upcoming sailing!  Besides Scarlet nights (wearing something semi-formal- think I will be wearing a  Red jumpsuit and Red jacket for my husband), what other events should we dress for and how?  Pajama party - do most people wear pajamas? or just are onlookers? Are there things we should pack for other certain nights?  Thanks in advance for your help in packing!! 

Melissa

VV is a lot more casual than most other ships.  No, there are not other nights that you should pack specific things for.  There are no "dress codes" in any of the restaurants or any events.  If you plan to do the exercise classes, bring work out clothes.  Most, but not all, people go a notch up for evening dinner from what they wear around the ship all day, but you could go to any of the nice restaurants in a t shirt and jeans/shorts if you wanted to.  I'm going to do my "usual" for evenings--decent black pants with several nice tops that an be interchanged on different nights.  Scarlet night is not "semi formal" although you won't be out of place that way.  The request is to wear "something red."  That can be a red bandana tucked in a shirt pocket....or a sparkly evening dress with stilettos.  NOTHING will be out of place that night.

• Like 4

I ended up wearing something red just about every day, and dressing up a little for dinner every night, but there is no dress code of any kind, so you do you!   I brought a few fascinator headband/hats and wore them and got several compliments.  On scarlet night I had a red dress that had rhinestone shoulder straps and wore a fascinator hat and a black and white boa.  The weather took a turn so we didn't get to have the pool party, our scarlet night was in The Manor.  I bought red pajamas but there were PJ's of all sorts, some wore lingerie, some couples wore matching lounge wear.  My fave was a guy who looked like a big teddy bear 🙂  

The pajama party was different than I expected. I thought it would be mellow and pajama-ish. It was loud and rowdy. Full volume DJ and lots of twenty and thirty somethings partying. Nothing wrong with that, just not what I imagined a pajama party would be.

Scarlet Night was more in tune with what I imagined. Many wore a splash of red and I really enjoyed the pop up entertainment throughout the evening. I even got a juggling lesson from the talented show actors. The pool dance party later only lasted a couple of hours  and was very uh, er "intense" LOL! I decided to come out of my shell a bit and add to my red outfit. Here's a photo of me below:

1655170599520.thumb.jpg.59f94697c3d674f698c1c7869b33eaba.jpg

• Like 8

On 6/24/2022 at 7:25 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

“ I decided to come out of my shell a bit and add to my red outfit.”

Brilliant!  I love your cape.  I will do the same and add a little something to my outfit.  You may be the start of a fun trend for Scarlet night.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:01 AM, karmamule said:

If I'm really brave I'll wear my star trek onesie to the pj party when we are on Valiant Lady. (science officer blue, of course)

You don't want to wear the "landing party guy who always dies" red ?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1