Murano & Tuscan Not Offered for Specialty Dining

mrgabriel

We're sailing on Solstice for the Holiday cruise in December and are having trouble making specialty dining reservations. Murano and Tuscan Grille aren't even offered as options on the website - it's been that way for months. The only SD offerings are Le Petit Chef and Sushi on Five.

We've talked to X reps twice and they tell us that there is no availability and to check when we board and okay, I can understand that, but they don't even list the restaurants on the website which is NEVER the case. They always show all of the SD options even if there's no availability. 

Has anyone else experienced this? If X has booked a group in those restaurants for all nights of the cruise we will be none too happy. 

TIA!

14 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We're sailing on Solstice for the Holiday cruise in December and are having trouble making specialty dining reservations. Murano and Tuscan Grille aren't even offered as options on the website - it's been that way for months. The only SD offerings are Le Petit Chef and Sushi on Five.

We've talked to X reps twice and they tell us that there is no availability and to check when we board and okay, I can understand that, but they don't even list the restaurants on the website which is NEVER the case. They always show all of the SD options even if there's no availability. 

Has anyone else experienced this? If X has booked a group in those restaurants for all nights of the cruise we will be none too happy. 

TIA!

If they are not available why list them?  Then if they did still list them imagine the uproar of why are they listed if I can’t book it!  They can’t win no matter what they do.

55 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

TIA!

Holiday sailings operate differently than others.  Not much you can do but follow the rep’s advice.

I did a Celebrity Cruise during Christmas and New Years many years ago I remember that Murano only took reservations once on board. We book it for Christmas Day  and New Years  Day evening  . We had a table of 8. 

Or  you will be able to book once on board , as other said, closer to the cruise.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Same with most of my cruises that far out.   They usually enable it on the website for booking at about 3 months prior to cruise. 

We've actually already booked Specialty Dining (Murano and TG) for our September 2023 cruise so I'm thinking that it's the holiday. 

56 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Holiday sailings operate differently than others.  Not much you can do but follow the rep’s advice.

Thanks. This is our 3rd Holiday Cruise and we were able to book in advance for the others. It must be a new procedure. 

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

If they are not available why list them?  Then if they did still list them imagine the uproar of why are they listed if I can’t book it!  They can’t win no matter what they do.

This is an oddity. On past cruises they will have had a note that says something like, "all pre-cruise availability has been booked. Please see the Specialty Dining desk when you board."

It's DIFFERENT from past experiences. That's why I asked. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

On Holiday sailings its not uncommon at all to see no packages or discounts. 

Thanks. We took Holiday Cruises in 2017 and 2018 and this wasn't the case then so something must have changed. 

• 1 month later...

I am having the sane issue. Booked a mexican riviera holiday cruise for December 2022 and no specialty dining available for Murano or the Italian Restaurant. I hope that something opens up !! Absolutely no luck chatting, IMing , tweeting or calling celebrity, just on hold for hours with them.  First cruise with celebrity and hoping to book specialty restaurant for a special Birthday, Thank you everyone on cruise critic for your valuable insights.