Need PVP advice

mlshum

For the first time, we used a PVP to book our next two cruises.  Since one of our cruises is a group cruise, a couple of other couples also used her.  At first, she was very attentive and answered emails with a day.  As time has gone on, she has been slower and slower, sometimes not answering at all unless i’ve emailed a couple of times.  Last week while trying to snag a price drop, she accidentally canceled my booking and didn’t tell me.  I found out the next morning when I got an email from Carnival.  I called and emailed multiple times and she finally got it rebooked.  In doing so, I lost my stockholder on board credit and have had to reapply.

My question is this... am I being too critical?  I’ve probably only contacted her 3 or 4 times regarding the two cruises,  should I request a new PVP?

25 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I don’t see any benefit to using one at all. I don’t understand why it would even be a Question for you after she cancelled a cruise without asking.

I tend to agree.  I've found a travel agent who does a pretty good job of taking care of my requests and also throws in a bit of on-board credit as an incentive.

• Like 1

I have a PVP I have been using for years, and he’s very responsive, even during the busiest of times.  He returns phone calls and emails quickly and always makes me feel like a valued client.  If I had the kind of experience you describe, I would get a new PVP ASAP.

• Like 8

Like any profession, there's good and bad. Our PVP has been with Carnival almost 20 years.  The not so good ones come and go as their customer service doesn't warrant repeat business.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  That was kind of the direction I was thinking but wanted to be sure I wasn’t blowing it out of proportion.

i never used a PVP at all and was totally fine with it until COVID and it basically took an hour or two on the phone every time there was price drop.  Has that changed?  Are the wait times better now?