Walgreens NAAT Testing

I was planning to get my 4 year old tested at Walgreens with their rapid NAAT test. However, on Walgreens website, it does not look like they are scheduling testing after this Wednesday.

I’m hoping it’s a bug or maybe a lack of availability because of the holiday, but it’s really gonna stink if they stop doing Covid tests at the end of June!

Just now, PGHProducer said:

I was planning to get my 4 year old tested at Walgreens with their rapid NAAT test. However, on Walgreens website, it does not look like they are scheduling testing after this Wednesday.

I’m hoping it’s a bug or maybe a lack of availability because of the holiday, but it’s really gonna stink if they stop doing Covid tests at the end of June!

Maybe they are only scheduling for shorter times. Call and ask them. 

2 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

They very recently switched from scheduling 7 days out to 3 days out.

They did this for a short time before my 5/29 cruise, then quickly went back to 7 days.

I can't assure you that's what's going on but sure looks like it. I still plan to use them for my 7/15 cruise, just may have to wait a bit longer to make the appointment. When they stop offering appointments altogether I'll go to a plan B but I sure hope not b/c it was so quick and easy and free.

• Like 1

Oh no, here we go again! This happened prior to our Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago. We are heading out on Allure in a couple weeks.  I checked a few days ago and you could book a week in advance. Walgreens is so easy. I will keep an eye on it this week.

Just now, luv2sailAgain said:

Oh no, here we go again! This happened prior to our Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago. We are heading out on Allure in a couple weeks.  I checked a few days ago and you could book a week in advance. Walgreens is so easy. I will keep an eye on it this week.

We just do the emed tests.  No appts. And no added stress!

• Like 1

Too many people have posted about not getting their results on time and appointments cancelled.  So much less stress to do it from home whenever we want to and get the results immediately.  It just isn’t worth it to us.  We always have to travel a distance to get to any port and I want to have plenty of notice before boarding a flight.

I think they did this back with vaccines came out for older kids and now vaccines are coming for little ones.  I think they handle requests for vaccines and then testing.

As long as a new day is added and it keeps at 3 days, we should be fine.   I do not believe they are getting out of the testing business but react to when new vaccines come out for a new age group.

Last night at 12:10 am I saw WEd 29th come up and so tonight I expect to see Thur June 30th come up

• Like 1

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

I think they did this back with vaccines came out for older kids and now vaccines are coming for little ones.  I think they handle requests for vaccines and then testing.

As long as a new day is added and it keeps at 3 days, we should be fine.   I do not believe they are getting out of the testing business but react to when new vaccines come out for a new age group.

Last night at 12:10 am I saw WEd 29th come up and so tonight I expect to see Thur June 30th come up

Agreed. Same as before like you mentioned (and I mentioned earlier in the thread).

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everyone should use whatever makes them most comfortable. 👍

agree I like going to walgreens.  I have the emed, but have yet to do it and not happy with the idea that I live in a country where going online and then a foreign country over the computer will test me.

I also would hate to have defective tests or a disconnect or whatever else could go wrong online.

I will use as a last resort and before going to CVS and paying lots of money and having to see a nurse for a real appointment for other stuff.   CVS is price gouging IMHO.  I did one of the last CVS test before they switched and then I noticed they charged my medical for the test and a charge for the nurse.

My insurance covered it but wow what a difference from Walgreens.  Wonder why

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

agree I like going to walgreens.  I have the emed, but have yet to do it and not happy with the idea that I live in a country where going online and then a foreign country over the computer will test me.

I also would hate to have defective tests or a disconnect or whatever else could go wrong online.

I will use as a last resort and before going to CVS and paying lots of money and having to see a nurse for a real appointment for other stuff.   CVS is price gouging IMHO.  I did one of the last CVS test before they switched and then I noticed they charged my medical for the test and a charge for the nurse.

My insurance covered it but wow what a difference from Walgreens.  Wonder why

Not sure of the difference. Wondered the same thing myself. The rest of my extended family all went to CVS before our family cruise recently and had a good experience while my wife and I used Walgreens.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not sure of the difference. Wondered the same thing myself. The rest of my extended family all went to CVS before our family cruise recently and had a good experience while my wife and I used Walgreens.

I hear ya.   funny that Rite Aid stayed out of the quick testing business.  I guess it is where the locations are and how much room.  Urgent care charges too much but is also a choice too.

I will be glad when testing stops because one can now fly on planes without masks and really if vaxxed, then think of it like the flu.  

19 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Thanks so much! I am feeling a little better now. 

36 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I hear ya.   funny that Rite Aid stayed out of the quick testing business.  I guess it is where the locations are and how much room.  Urgent care charges too much but is also a choice too.

I will be glad when testing stops because one can now fly on planes without masks and really if vaxxed, then think of it like the flu.  

Rite Aid... that brings up memories. I grew up in the Philly 'burbs. No Rite Aids here. Pretty much only Walgreens, CVS, and pharmacies inside supermarkets and big chain stores.

But we do have Wawa!

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

They are only booking three days out 

Thank you.  I was wondering why I couldn't book for Saturday which I had been able to in the past.  It's a Saturday and now most testing places are closed or I need to pay $180.  

Thanks also from me because I was freaking out that no Walgreens in San Antonio (and there are 10 just in my close area) had appointments available past tomorrow when I checked last Friday.  I now see it load another day each morning so I now feeling more calm about scheduling for this Friday.

Hmmm, my cruise isn’t for another 45 days, but I decided to check my area Walmart for available testing for the Rapid NAAT test and the Rapid Antigen Test.  I’m here very close to Baltimore, MD.  Anyway, no tests available in Maryland; only Washington D.C. or Virginia.  PCR tests are definitely available though.

I’ll have to keep an eye out.  I will need to find another option if it’s not opened back up for those tests.  We were definitely going to Walgreens.

P.S.  Just checked CVS and same thing…only a rapid test through their minute clinic; not through the pharmacy.

Edited by slyster