Walgreens NAAT Testing

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

They very recently switched from scheduling 7 days out to 3 days out.

They did this for a short time before my 5/29 cruise, then quickly went back to 7 days.

I can't assure you that's what's going on but sure looks like it. I still plan to use them for my 7/15 cruise, just may have to wait a bit longer to make the appointment. When they stop offering appointments altogether I'll go to a plan B but I sure hope not b/c it was so quick and easy and free.

Not blaming anyone for taking advantage of no cost tests.  But they certainly aren’t free.  We are all paying for these tests one way or another.  

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Rite Aid... that brings up memories. I grew up in the Philly 'burbs. No Rite Aids here. Pretty much only Walgreens, CVS, and pharmacies inside supermarkets and big chain stores.

But we do have Wawa!

Rite Aid = ice cream cones!  Fortunately the nearest one isn't that near.    

10 minutes ago, topnole said:

That is really more of Gen Z thing.  Some millennials are in their 40s now.  

Yeah.... I'm close to it!

But I'll admit that I got participation trophies as kid. 

But the generation that complains about that is ALSO the generation that GAVE US the participation trophies!

Thanks for posting this, I looked today and saw it changed was worried. Tried to use CVS for my April cruise and they cancelled every appointment scheduled. Finally went to Walgreens, it was very easy, got results in less than two hours. 

12 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

Yeah.... I'm close to it!

But I'll admit that I got participation trophies as kid. 

But the generation that complains about that is ALSO the generation that GAVE US the participation trophies!

I agree.  That was great comeback by you.  They are definitely at fault.  It’s really one group of that generation that decided everyone should get an A, everyone should get a trophy,

etc.   I live in that world now.  My kids get to go to treasure box (a reward at school) for expected behavior.  When I was a kid (Gen X) they paddled us when we didn’t obey rules.

We also played outside as a norm…..ha ha ha.  If feel bad for a lot of young kids today living on cell phones etc.  So unhealthy.  

2 hours ago, topnole said:

I agree.  That was great comeback by you.  They are definitely at fault.  It’s really one group of that generation that decided everyone should get an A, everyone should get a trophy,

etc.   I live in that world now.  My kids get to go to treasure box (a reward at school) for expected behavior.  When I was a kid (Gen X) they paddled us when we didn’t obey rules.

We also played outside as a norm…..ha ha ha.  If feel bad for a lot of young kids today living on cell phones etc.  So unhealthy.  

Well, I am a product of the GREATEST GENERATION and am twice your age, so have some respect!  I say in jest.

15 minutes ago, FLHugh said:

Well, I am a product of the GREATEST GENERATION and am twice your age, so have some respect!  I say in jest.

If you are twice my age, god bless you and well done for still being able to type in any device.  I also say this in jest, but you are no where near twice my age.  I do hope you make it that far however.   

The oldest of the Gen X group are now closer to 60 than 50.  I think everyone in a given generation forgets how old people are in the generations behind them.  For Gen X, it feels like millennials are still in high school.  The reality is that some of them are in their 40s now.  

23 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Rite Aid... that brings up memories. I grew up in the Philly 'burbs. No Rite Aids here. Pretty much only Walgreens, CVS, and pharmacies inside supermarkets and big chain stores.

But we do have Wawa!

excellent to always have a WAWA.

When I return from a cruise, I make a beeline to Wawa for a nice hoagie.

36 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

excellent to always have a WAWA.

When I return from a cruise, I make a beeline to Wawa for a nice hoagie.

We went to a grand opening of one by us when it was new to Florida... it was a sea of Philly team jerseys and t-shirts, lol. We had to explain to friends from elsewhere what was so special about this "7-11 looking place."

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We went to a grand opening of one by us when it was new to Florida... it was a sea of Philly team jerseys and t-shirts, lol. We had to explain to friends from elsewhere what was so special about this "7-11 looking place."

there is a saying called  "try it you will like it"

Wawa is an institution and their quality is consistent.

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Also in Florida and I am still a Wawa virgin 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Also in Florida and I am still a Wawa virgin 

The current version is nothing like what it was in the Philly area in the 80s and 90s. Hoagies and soft pretzels are the go-to items (and cheesesteaks are edible by FL standards). They've added so much more now though.

I can't vouch for most of the other stuff but they have lots of other cook to order items. My wife has had their chicken fingers, mashed potatoes and mac n cheese and liked it. I'd never order one but my friend said they have good burgers.

I like Publix subs for reference, so it's not like I'm just biased, but the rolls at Wawa are a bit on the harder, crustier side (in a good way) that is more Philly-esque than rolls elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well it looks like Walgreens will now be charging for their tests.  $129.

geezzzz

We used ONPoint testing for Virtual Covid testing using your own test kit. They use Zoom format. Worked well on a cruise ship near Amsterdam. They are charging $14.99 pp now for the test. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

We used ONPoint testing for Virtual Covid testing using your own test kit. They use Zoom format. Worked well on a cruise ship near Amsterdam. They are charging $14.99 pp now for the test. 

Have always considered them or rapid trace and test as a backup (same deal, use your own test, $20 there). Don't love that multiple people have said OnPoint asks for your passport and cruise info and that it's nearly impossible to contact them.

Glad it went well for you. 👍

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have always considered them or rapid trace and test as a backup (same deal, use your own test, $20 there). Don't love that multiple people have said OnPoint asks for your passport and cruise info and that it's nearly impossible to contact them.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I was able to call Onpoint twice before I did the test and had very short wait time. Don't remember about the passport or cruise information.

Edited by Suncoastsailors

Last week I ended up booking with a place called Any Lab Test because Walgreens canceled my test appointments. After my nearest Walgreens called to let me know they didn’t have any tests left and wouldn’t have them by the date of my appointment, I booked a different Walgreens only to receive a cancellation from them, but they didn’t say why. CVS was full, but luckily Any Lab Test was able to get me in. It was the day before my required test date and the cost was low and the people were nice. Talk about last minute stress!

Edited by texangal39

20 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

aw glad to know this.  most folks have said good things about emed, but this new company not so sure I would be interested.  One HAL ship is stopping precruise testing in Amsterdam for 3 cruises as a test.

But then again, they mention the age of the booster has to be under 9 months.

Honestly information on testing iws a moving target and tiring.  

Walgreens definitely fouled our family of 5 up.  Made our appts as soon as we could (Tuesday) for Friday tests....no mention of a cost.  Then yesterday, I saw people posting that they were charging.  Checked the website that now shows a blue bubble saying costs will apply.  Verified with the pharmacy that even tests schedule previous to the change will be charged.  I kept my appointment since I have Medicare and I was able to get it at no cost this morning.  The kids had to scramble to find proctored tests today.  For a large corporation - this was a very poor way to handle things.  People are already stressed about testing before any event and this adds to pain.

10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

most folks have said good things about emed

Emed is clearly a legit option, other places are just cheaper b/c you can use free government tests and just pay for the proctoring.

1 minute ago, DonnaMW said:

Just got back from Walgreens for test I scheduled. No fee but my receipt said insurance saved me $128.97

i have Medicare. And supplement 

so far so good for me. 

Medicare seems to be the deciding factor. Glad that segment can still use such a convenient option for free.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Medicare seems to be the deciding factor. Glad that segment can still use such a convenient option for free.

aw that is good to know as I have medicare supplement which did pay for CVS back in April before I switched to Walgreens.   I just like the print out Walgreens does and will use on Friday.

It will be interesting to see if they want me to pay up front and I chase down Medicare AARP, or if they bill Medicare and I wait for any balance due.  The website does say customer has to settle with insurance but not sure if Medicare counts.