Tropicante lately??

Disfan5

I was there in late March and they were open and only had a beer but seems like they are up and running.  My impression is they have more room between tables than Krazy Lobster.

From all reports Carolina is doing her best to keep the place up.  May eventually move as lease is expiring in the near future.  Not a fan of the new facade and portico out front with the geegaw, but times change.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would give an update.  

We were on the Mardi Gras and my son and I took a taxi , $4 per person, to Tropicante.  They were open and we got a lounger in the shade.  We had a very nice day relaxing.  We are not drinkers, be we did have some chips and guac, a quesadilla and some sodas.  

We had a nice time, but I am honestly worried about how they are doing. During our time, there were only 3 groups there.  The other restaurants seemed to be busier and had more of a vaca vibe, with music.  I know things have changed with covid and there were not near as many people visiting, but I was surprised at how slow it was.  I've been toTropicante probably 4 times before and hope they are able to stay open.

They do need to have more of an internet presence.  The last post on their facebook page was from Dec 2021.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Disfan5 said:

Thought I would give an update.  

We were on the Mardi Gras and my son and I took a taxi , $4 per person, to Tropicante.  They were open and we got a lounger in the shade.  We had a very nice day relaxing.  We are not drinkers, be we did have some chips and guac, a quesadilla and some sodas.  

We had a nice time, but I am honestly worried about how they are doing. During our time, there were only 3 groups there.  The other restaurants seemed to be busier and had more of a vaca vibe, with music.  I know things have changed with covid and there were not near as many people visiting, but I was surprised at how slow it was.  I've been toTropicante probably 4 times before and hope they are able to stay open.

They do need to have more of an internet presence.  The last post on their facebook page was from Dec 2021.  

Thanks for your update. Last time we tried to go it was a Sunday and they were closed.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:06 PM, Disfan5 said:

Has anyone been to Tropicante lately?

I have been there pre COVID and just wondering how it is now that Steve is not there.

What happened to Steve?  Does he not own the Tropicante any longer?

I always emailed him to reserve us loungers!

I think Carolina moved everything to FB.  But you don't really need reservations.

Be aware that there are now shopping kiosks in front of Tropicante so it's distinctive white facade is a bit hidden.  An extension of Krazy Lobster is one side and El Faro is on the other so she's a bit squeezed in.