'Free' Specialty Restaurant Perk Question

My wife, myself and 13 year old daughter will be on the Getaway July 23rd.

We opted in for the two night 'fee' deal so my wife and I will pay nothing. What about my daughter?

I've read sometimes a generous waitstaff won't charge. Should we wait and see or will we have a chance to buy a 2 night package for her ahead of time?

What would be your choice for two nights of specialty dining ?  I think we will avoid Le Bistro as it seems too 'fancy' for my daughter's tastes and will avoid

Ocean Blue as she doesn't like seafood.

My initial thought is La Cucina and either Cagneys or Moderno to get a steak. 

What normally has the most consistent good food experience?

19 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

I've read sometimes a generous waitstaff won't charge.

That's not something I'd count on.

19 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

or will we have a chance to buy a 2 night package for her ahead of time?

If you have the cruise booked already you should have the option in your cruise planner to buy it.

My choices would be LeBistro, Ocean Blue followed by Cagneys.   Moderno, Teppanaki and LaCucina would be at the bottom of my preferences.  Don't let the fancy names on the LeBistro menu sway your daughter's decision.  In addition to seafood, Ocean Blue has other options to include a very tasty filet mignon that again, in my opinion, is as good or even better than Cagneys.  

• Like 1

My kids’ favorite is Teppanyaki.  Odds are pretty good your daughter will make friends in Entourage and may want to eat with those friends some nights so you may not even have to worry about paying for her!

• Like 3

Teppanyaki is probably perfect for a 13 year old.  It's easy to enjoy food (noodles and chicken type stuff) plus it's a show with chef interaction.

Moderno isn't the place to go for steak.  It's a Brazillian BBQ, rather than a steakhouse.  Think - waiters bringing you skewers of meat, and carving it off for you at the table, rather than presenting you with a steak and sides.

• Like 1

Not familiar with NCL. I was given a perk on my rate on upcoming Bliss cruise.

It states: 2x2 Meal Specialty dining Package. 

What does this give us? How and when should we make reservations? What restaurants would you reccomend? 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, artvlay said:

It states: 2x2 Meal Specialty dining Package. 

What does this give us? How and when should we make reservations? What restaurants would you reccomend? 

Thanks

Some of this is explained in the promo terms & conditions - https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Reservations open 120 days before sailing, usually.  Keep in mind that they only open a fraction of the reservations before embarkation day so don't be TOO upset if you can't get what you want.  HOW you make the reservations - sign in to your NCL account.

I quite liked La Cucina.  I'm not a steak 'snob' so I was also satisfied with Cagney's.  In the app (or maybe also in the browser-based account to make reservations) you should have an option to see example menus - look those over and decide what you want.  I would not use a dining credit on Q, it's inexpensive enough that I feel like it's a 'waste' of a credit.

3 hours ago, artvlay said:

It states: 2x2 Meal Specialty dining Package. What does this give us? How and when should we make reservations? What restaurants would you recommend? Thanks

Exactly 120 days prior to departure, you can go online or via telephone to book your dinner reservations. At the restaurants, you can chose from multiple appetizers, one entrée, multiple sides, and desserts. Some waiters will try to tell you that there is a limit, but there is not. 

Ocean Blue - Seafood Restaurant

Los Lobos - Mexican Restaurant 

Teppanyaki - Japanese steakhouse where they cook for you

Cagney's Steak House 

La Cucina - Italian Restaurant

Le Bistro - French Restaurant 

Q Texas Smoke House - BBQ

For two dinners, we would pick Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. 

Sample menus for these restaurants (except La Cucina) can be found on the link below

• Like 1