Do Double or Triple Pours Count as One drink for Cheers and Drink Totals?

land64shark

I've always wondered about the CHEERS! policy about shots. I have seen the information stating only one shot, but what about drinks that are made up of different types of alcohol, such as ; Long Island Iced Tea, Mai Tai, Negroni, Cosmopolitan? Are you not allowed to order those things with the CHEERS! package? I'm not really a big drinker, so it hasn't come up for me, but I am curious.

34 minutes ago, CGrey93 said:

I've always wondered about the CHEERS! policy about shots. I have seen the information stating only one shot, but what about drinks that are made up of different types of alcohol, such as ; Long Island Iced Tea, Mai Tai, Negroni, Cosmopolitan? Are you not allowed to order those things with the CHEERS! package? I'm not really a big drinker, so it hasn't come up for me, but I am curious.

Those are fine, it comes how it comes. Officially, doubles aren't allowed with cheers, unofficially, good tips may allow one to bypass this. 😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Those are fine, it comes how it comes. Officially, doubles aren't allowed with cheers, unofficially, good tips may allow one to bypass this. 😉

I wonder what it cost to just pay for it instead of tipping and hoping. Not sure which is cheaper.

Edited by Bgcruising

24 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

I wonder what it cost to just pay for it instead of tipping and hoping. Not sure which is cheaper.

If you have cheers it's not available officially. You can't "make it a double" with cheers or pay for it separately. If you have cheers, you've already more than paid for it lol. Cheers cost, auto grats on package and $1/$2 per drink (each day and x2 if a couple); it adds up. Most only look at the base cheers cost. You could just wait five min also and not worry about it, that's what most who have cheers do. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

No doubles on Cheers, period. Which is interesting because if you are paying a la carte there is a discount for the double which DH always takes advantage of. We tried Cheers last Christmas when he and the teen were in a different room than my mom I were in, so we didn't have the problem of paying for 2 packages, which we would never need. 

He didn't feel the package, overall for the entire length of the cruise, was worth it.