Loyalty Tiers

paulatsea

I’m on P&O Atlantic Tier - just received a loyalty benefits email - it mentions a free glass of champagne on departure and a lapel pin - has anyone ever had these as I didn’t get these  on the last cruise where we were Atlantic Tier.

Also mentions dedicated loyalty manager on board ?

the discounts all worked though.

thanks if anyone knows.

31 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

I’m on P&O Atlantic Tier - just received a loyalty benefits email - it mentions a free glass of champagne on departure and a lapel pin - has anyone ever had these as I didn’t get these  on the last cruise where we were Atlantic Tier.

Also mentions dedicated loyalty manager on board ?

the discounts all worked though.

thanks if anyone knows.

If your loyalty tier should have a free drink you should have had a voucher in your cabin. Did you look through the paperwork on your cabin?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If your loyalty tier should have a free drink you should have had a voucher in your cabin. Did you look through the paperwork on your cabin?

Thanks very much - that rings a bell now - yes I remember now using the voucher in one of the bars memory problems. 
I will try and remember for next time.

Didn’t get the lapel pin though - I’m sure of that - I’ll ask at reception next time.

12 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Thanks very much - that rings a bell now - yes I remember now using the voucher in one of the bars memory problems. 
I will try and remember for next time.

Didn’t get the lapel pin though - I’m sure of that - I’ll ask at reception next time.

We've done two cruises so far this year and are at Caribbean level. No sign of lapel pins...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My husband progressed up a tier on our cruise in January, but no lapel pin was waiting for him in the cablin. 

You don't get the lapel pin, nor any other benefits, until the next cruise

• Thanks 1

Someone tell me why on earth you would want a lapel pin?  We have been given them through all our tiers.  Does anybody actually do anything with them?  Nobody wants to know what level you are, other than yourself?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Someone tell me why on earth you would want a lapel pin?  We have been given them through all our tiers.  Does anybody actually do anything with them?  Nobody wants to know what level you are, other than yourself?

We put them in a drawer when we get home and then forget where we put them.  Thinking now, there might be a market out there for them.  Ebay beckons...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just for fun and if it’s offered I like to see it followed through.

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, david63 said:

You don't get the lapel pin, nor any other benefits, until the next cruise

We were Atlantic before the last one - got all the other benefits stated -  but not the pin !

3 minutes ago, sagaris said:

We got the free slippers and drink but no lapel pin on our last 3 cruises

Slippers ??? Eh ????  !!!! I didn’t get them !!! Not fair !!!

it’s interesting to see who gets what. 

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We put them in a drawer when we get home and then forget where we put them.  Thinking now, there might be a market out there for them.  Ebay beckons...

I think the point is that P and O advertise them as a 'perk' to loyalty levels then fail to deliver. They may be collectable items in the future like items from the Titanic 😅

• Like 2

The whole Peninsular Club loyalty club is a bit of a joke at the moment. Been trying to get them sort out my preferences on my account so receive mail. Didnt receive calendar last Christmas contacted P&O and said they would send me one and sort out my mail preferences. Received Calendar but never received any Moments magazines contacted P&O by PM on their Facebook page repeatedly and they said they would sort it and put a Moments magazine in the post. Still not received anything contacted them again and they have passed the buck and gave me loyalty e-mail and told to contact them which I did and they havent even acknowledged receipt never mind responding to e-mail. That is what P&O calls loyalty but I have said for a long time P&O expect you to be loyal to them but they dont return the loyalty. I really believe that senior management believe that however bad they treat people they will still sail with P&O and sadly I think they are correct as people always find an excuse to stick with them even though they know deep down they are not the best. I have heard them all British food onboard, Sterling currency, cheap booze compared to American lines every excuse available and that is why P&O treat their customers with contempt because they know they will still sail with them and they will never improve.

• Like 2