Loyalty Tiers

paulatsea

1 hour ago, Jill85 said:

I don't need to show people, have priority boarding on P&O & Princess. Will see how we do with P&O for our two cruises this year and one next year, but may just go with Princess/Celebrity if they don't improve.

I wear my pin so I get on first.....mine says Captain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On our last cruise I noticed the gentleman sat next to me at dinner had a lapel pin. I asked what it was and he explained it denoted such and such tier .... I lost interest in the detail.  He explained he always wore it and hoped others reaching such status would do likewise so they could immediately recognise each other as "like minded" people.  Didn't see him again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Danamis said:

I seems to be hit and miss with the calendars. In my mind it is the most useful perk!😂

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Not missing much! Calendar was poor this year, jut pics of Iona, food, etc. In the bin, do not need it, have a phone and a diary.

We didn't get a calendar.  Read on here that the calendar wasn't as good as previous.  Couldn't be bothered to chase them up.  The Ole Lady got a nice calendar sent a nice calendar with lots of trains on it as she is former railway staff so that will do for this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry Sir did not realise it was an English Language lesson 🥱

I tend to agree with Wowzz, I generally wizz past long posts with only one paragraph, but more often will read long posts with short paragraphs. 

Maybe my attention span is limited!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I tend to agree with Wowzz, I generally wizz past long posts with only one paragraph, but more often will read long posts with short paragraphs. 

Maybe my attention span is limited!!!

Every day's a school day on cc. I thought a paragraph was like a lie detector test.🤔

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We didn't get a calendar.  Read on here that the calendar wasn't as good as previous.  Couldn't be bothered to chase them up.  The Ole Lady got a nice calendar sent a nice calendar with lots of trains on it as she is former railway staff so that will do for this year.

The quality was as good but no destination pics as no-one had been anywhere when it was printed. 😢

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:32 PM, jeanlyon said:

Someone tell me why on earth you would want a lapel pin?  We have been given them through all our tiers.  Does anybody actually do anything with them?  Nobody wants to know what level you are, other than yourself?

I agree, however. a friend of mine actually wears his believe it or not. For why, I don't know? 

The only time I recall having received a P&O lapel pin was when I was elevated to the Baltic Tier. Could be because I went from Gold in the Portunas to Caribbean in the Peninsular, and you only get them on "promotion". It is still in its little bag unopened. Can't see the point of them myself, and have never seen anyone wear one.

Slightly off topic,  but the Medallions on Princess are coloured according to your "status". 

I always try and sneak a glance at the colour when talking to other people.

If they have a black Medallion I keep quiet !  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Slightly off topic,  but the Medallions on Princess are coloured according to your "status". 

Why keep quiet ?  I keep my medallion in my pocket or handbag but I would not like to think that people didn’t want to speak to me just because of the colour of my medallion.:classic_sad:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Why keep quiet ?  I keep my medallion in my pocket or handbag but I would not like to think that people didn’t want to speak to me just because of the colour of my medallion.:classic_sad:

That is the down side of Princess Americans like to show off their loyalty. Me being a true Brit and don't want to flaunt my Elite status as soon as we get given our Medallion at the port I take it off the lanyard and put Medallion in pocket. I also don't like how they put your loyalty status on the panel outside your cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Don't worry Wowzz.

I will be happy to chat with you with my black Elite Medallion 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are Mediterranean Jean and have a  bag full of P&O branded slippers. 

Salvation Army will take them in Graham, especially around Christmas time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I didn’t know that and I’ve been wearing one for the past week! 

17 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I didn’t know that and I’ve been wearing one for the past week! 

Strangely enough, I think it is quite useful.

If you see someone with a silver or black Medallion,  you know that you do not need to use the dreaded "have you done many cruises?" question. 

I guess it's  a bit like being a Freemason, but  without the secret handshake. 

6 hours ago, Denarius said:

The only time I recall having received a P&O lapel pin was when I was elevated to the Baltic Tier. Could be because I went from Gold in the Portunas to Caribbean in the Peninsular, and you only get them on "promotion". It is still in its little bag unopened. Can't see the point of them myself, and have never seen anyone wear one.

I went from Gold in Portunus club to Caribbean in Peninsular Club too. Then I did quite a lot of cruising upon early retirement, and found myself in the Baltic tier, which I never expected to reach. I remember receiving lapel pins, though like you I never wore them or saw anyone else doing so. On reading this thread, I decided to have a rummage amongst my P&O souvenirs. So far I've found 8 Caribbean pins, all in little blue cloth bags, 3 Baltic ones in little cardboard holders, and a round blue badge for P&O's 175 years Grand Event.

5 minutes ago, Valfan said:

I went from Gold in Portunus club to Caribbean in Peninsular Club too. Then I did quite a lot of cruising upon early retirement, and found myself in the Baltic tier, which I never expected to reach. I remember receiving lapel pins, though like you I never wore them or saw anyone else doing so. On reading this thread, I decided to have a rummage amongst my P&O souvenirs. So far I've found 8 Caribbean pins, all in little blue cloth bags, 3 Baltic ones in little cardboard holders, and a round blue badge for P&O's 175 years Grand Event.

Stick them all on Ebay  - you might be surprised as to their value!