'Hellesylt/Geiranger' vs 'Kiel (Lubeck)'

samshltn

Hi all. 

My upcoming cruise has an itinerary that includes 'Hellesylt/Geiranger Arrival 09:00 Departure 21:00'. Does this mean it will

• Dock at Hellesylt for a while, then dock at Gerainger (like a river cruise would, for example)
  • Dock at Hellesylt and operate excursions to Gerainger (a four-hour round trip away!)
  • Dock at either Hellesylt or Gerainger depending on some external factor. 
  • Other(?!)

I should point out that this is different punctuation to 'Kiel (Lubeck)', which is clearly 'Dock at Kiel, operate excursions to Lubeck'. 

And, to complicate matters, I notice that on CruiseMapper, today she was supposed to go to Hellesylt, but actually docked at Gerainger!

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Hellesylt is a pause to tender off guests doing an overland excursion to Geiranger.  The ship retraces its steps and goes to Geiranger where it may tender, or dock at the floating dock if available.  EM

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Hellesylt is a pause to tender off guests doing an overland excursion to Geiranger.

I read an itinerary for a cruise on one of the Hurtigruten ships that seemed to indicate that there now is a dock at Hellesylt.  I wonder if there is and, if so, can it accommodate a MSC sized ship.  

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I read an itinerary for a cruise on one of the Hurtigruten ships that seemed to indicate that there now is a dock at Hellesylt.  I wonder if there is and, if so, can it accommodate a MSC sized ship.  

Hellesylt has  a dock that can accommodate large ships. I was there in May on P&O Iona which has 5000 + passengers

• Like 2

Thanks for these really helpful replies. 

I surmise that we're going to pause near Hellesylt to 'drop off' the pax who will be taking the seven-hour coach trip titled 'Breathtaking Views from Hellesylt to Geiranger', and then the ship will continue to dock at Gerainger. 

I very much hope that's the case, because I've seen the Iona dock at Hellesylt for the day, and I really don't want to do that.

I feel as though MSC has promised Gerainger... I want to dock at Gerainger!!

On 6/30/2022 at 11:17 AM, samshltn said:

Thanks for these really helpful replies. 

I surmise that we're going to pause near Hellesylt to 'drop off' the pax who will be taking the seven-hour coach trip titled 'Breathtaking Views from Hellesylt to Geiranger', and then the ship will continue to dock at Gerainger. 

I very much hope that's the case, because I've seen the Iona dock at Hellesylt for the day, and I really don't want to do that.

I feel as though MSC has promised Gerainger... I want to dock at Gerainger!!

I am sure it will as it did in June,  It is wonderful scenery as the ship makes the transfer.

IMG_2771.jpeg

IMG_2804.jpeg