Princess platinum insurance

chiokie

We have a cruise scheduled in October 2022 and chose princess platinum insurance when booking the cruise. My wife may need surgery but should be good to travel by October. My concern is the preexisting condition clause. If an emergency occurs because of the surgery, will she be covered. We took the Princess insurance when we booked the cruise but will not pay for the insurance until final payment. I know if I take private travel insurance the preexisting waiver starts when I pay.

As you can tell I am not an insurance guru.

I think it either looks back 180 days or just doesn't cover it at all so you might want to get private insurance that will cover the surgery and pre existing conditions.

Edited by dickinson

If the condition she needs surgery for wasn't there before you bought the insurance, you should be fine in my opinion. But you can talk to your travel agent to confirm, it's their job to understand the insurance they sold you. If you didn't have a TA, then you should be able to call Princess to confirm.

42 minutes ago, chiokie said:

We have a cruise scheduled in October 2022 and chose princess platinum insurance when booking the cruise. My wife may need surgery but should be good to travel by October. My concern is the preexisting condition clause. If an emergency occurs because of the surgery, will she be covered. We took the Princess insurance when we booked the cruise but will not pay for the insurance until final payment. I know if I take private travel insurance the preexisting waiver starts when I pay.

You may want to post your question on the CC Insurance Forum, below...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

51 minutes ago, chiokie said:

I don’t believe it is for pre existing.  You should check with PCL or AON to be sure. What about Allianz?  I’d have your TA or CVP check these for you.