Checked in!! Questions for recent Oasis cruisers!

Hello!

just checked in for 8/14 cruise out of Cape Liberty I am sooooooo excited!!!

may I ask some questions for recent Oasis of the Seas cruisers?

1. I chose 10-10:30AM arrival time slot but..If I arrive at the port 9:59  Can I expect to be onboard around 11am? I hear lots of parking horror story I want to temper my expectations.  Anyone with early arrival what was your experience like?

2. I was on Harmony of the Seas and ship provided pair of shoes for rock climbing and zip lining because I only brought flip flops. Is it still the case for Oasis? If they don’t provide, I am going to pack my own sneakers 

3. I have refreshment drink package.. which include “premium coffee”. Where exactly can I order premium coffees other than cafe promenade on deck 5? 

4.  I purchased 1 person  voom surf & stream 3 device plan.  When and how do I obtain code/password??  What do I have to do to connect to Voom as soon as I get onboard?

also,  what is “connect to ship wifi” in relation to voom? 

thanks in advance!!!

I cannot wait

1. Maybe, it depends on when boarding actually starts, not when you check in.

2. Yes, they provide footwear, bring socks!

3. Don't recall any other coffee venues on 5.

4. The systems knows you bought the package - you "cash it in" when you go to set up your login

You can't get on the internet and use Voom without connecting to the ship's wifi.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

1. Maybe, it depends on when boarding actually starts, not when you check in.

2. Yes, they provide footwear, bring socks!

3. Don't recall any other coffee venues on 5.

4. The systems knows you bought the package - you "cash it in" when you go to set up your login

You can't get on the internet and use Voom without connecting to the ship's wifi.

Ohh for 3 I meant to ask any place other than cafe promenade sorry for confusion

You can buy specialty coffee in WJ, mdr, parks cafe,, specialty restaurants.  

Others can chime in if there are other places.

You connect to ships wifi, which is voom. When you board.   You set up your own username and password.   There will be many voom helpers wearing lime green shirts that can assist if unsure how to connect.

Make sure you put all devices on airplane mode.

1 hour ago, mook1525 said:

Hello!

1. I chose 10-10:30AM arrival time slot but..If I arrive at the port 9:59  Can I expect to be onboard around 11am? I hear lots of parking horror story I want to temper my expectations.  Anyone with early arrival what was your experience like?

2. I was on Harmony of the Seas and ship provided pair of shoes for rock climbing and zip lining because I only brought flip flops. Is it still the case for Oasis? If they don’t provide, I am going to pack my own sneakers 

3. I have refreshment drink package.. which include “premium coffee”. Where exactly can I order premium coffees other than cafe promenade on deck 5? 

4.  I purchased 1 person  voom surf & stream 3 device plan.  When and how do I obtain code/password??  What do I have to do to connect to Voom as soon as I get onboard?

thanks in advance!!!

I cannot wait

If you arrive at 9:59, chances are you will be on the ship within 15 minutes. The real challenge is getting into the port with your car. It's a S*#t show! I would plan to enter the port with your car by 9:15AM...not later than 9:30.

9 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

If you arrive at 9:59, chances are you will be on the ship within 15 minutes. The real challenge is getting into the port with your car. It's a S*#t show! I would plan to enter the port with your car by 9:15AM...not later than 9:30.

They let you in at 9:15?? Meaning they allow you enter the port and park your car that early?

35 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

They let you in at 9:15?? Meaning they allow you enter the port and park your car that early?

Yes you can park your car at 9:30am. At 9:30 there are no issues driving in...but by 10:15 the car line is usually backed up for a mile! I PMd this vlogger, and he said he was on the ship by 10:30.

Edited by AspiringCindy

25 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

Yes you can park your car at 9:30am. At 9:30 there are no issues driving in...but by 10:15 the car line is usually backed up for a mile! I PMd this vlogger, and he said he was on the ship by 10:30.

This is great!! Thank you

To log into the Wi-Fi, you just need to be able and willing to read your screen. 

Turn on Wi-Fi, and connect to something like "Royal Guest" or similar name.

It will ask you if you want to connect to Voom or if you just want to use the app for free -- choose connect to Voom.

From then on, you just continue to read the screens and answer appropriately.  The first time you need to set up an account, and it will ask you your name, DOB, and room number.  Then it will recognize that you have a package purchased already, and it will ask you to set up a user name and a PIN code.  If you're sharing with others, I recommend using something that everyone can easily remember, as all three devices will need to use the same single user name and PIN that was set up for the account.  

Any three devices will be allowed to be connected at one time, if you purchased a 3-device package.  If you want to add a fourth device, you will need to log out from one and then log in with the new device, or it will "bump off" one of the other devices when you log in a fourth device.

Basically, just READ YOUR SCREEN -- it will tell you what to do, if you just let it!  

Also, some iPhones have a setting that needs to be turned off for Voom to function.  Something about "personal IP" or something like that -- I've had a few different friends that had that problem, but I'm an Android user, so I'm not positive what the exact setting is.  But Voom worked fine for them once they toggled that setting off.

36 minutes ago, brillohead said:

To log into the Wi-Fi, you just need to be able and willing to read your screen. 

Turn on Wi-Fi, and connect to something like "Royal Guest" or similar name.

It will ask you if you want to connect to Voom or if you just want to use the app for free -- choose connect to Voom.

From then on, you just continue to read the screens and answer appropriately.  The first time you need to set up an account, and it will ask you your name, DOB, and room number.  Then it will recognize that you have a package purchased already, and it will ask you to set up a user name and a PIN code.  If you're sharing with others, I recommend using something that everyone can easily remember, as all three devices will need to use the same single user name and PIN that was set up for the account.  

Any three devices will be allowed to be connected at one time, if you purchased a 3-device package.  If you want to add a fourth device, you will need to log out from one and then log in with the new device, or it will "bump off" one of the other devices when you log in a fourth device.

Basically, just READ YOUR SCREEN -- it will tell you what to do, if you just let it!  

Also, some iPhones have a setting that needs to be turned off for Voom to function.  Something about "personal IP" or something like that -- I've had a few different friends that had that problem, but I'm an Android user, so I'm not positive what the exact setting is.  But Voom worked fine for them once they toggled that setting off.

Really appreciate your explanation 

Do we need to switch to Airplane mode BEFORE do any of these? Meaning like as soon as we set foot on ship.

21 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

Do we need to switch to Airplane mode BEFORE do any of these? Meaning like as soon as we set foot on ship.

No, but it's a good idea, in case you forget before sail away. Also, it's a good idea to test everything as if you were at sea (in airplane mode) before you sail, so if anything needs fixing you still have cell service to communicate.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The IT guy managing the Voom desk was able to set us up with each having our own logins when we purchased 2 device package.    This way we could separately log in and out of our phone to our laptop without bumping the other person off.    

57 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

Really appreciate your explanation 

You just need to switch to Airplane mode before getting out to sea.  At that point, your cell will try to connect to the ship's cell tower instead of the ones on land, and start charging you for everything.  

If you set up Wi-Fi Calling at home before you leave (must be connected to the cell service to set it up initially), it doesn't matter if you turn on Airplane Mode right away, because your calls will still be routed through Wi-Fi even in Airplane Mode. 

I like to do Airplane Mode, turn on Wi-Fi, and set up my Voom as soon as I get on, so I don't accidentally forget to turn on Airplane Mode later in the day.

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The IT guy managing the Voom desk was able to set us up with each having our own logins when we purchased 2 device package.    This way we could separately log in and out of our phone to our laptop without bumping the other person off.    

You can do that anyway, without having different log-ins set up (and without having to wait in line for the Voom guy).  Just go to "logout.com" in your browser from the first device before logging in on the next device.  

4 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

So if I Understood you correctly  'AspiringCindy', if you have a 10am check-in time (as I do on 8/5 for Oasis) and plan to park your car there... you should shoot to get onsite in Bayonne Pier at 9:15am?

If that is correct, and I get in early, do they have a sitting area for us to wait until the 10am check-in?

2 minutes ago, Project-College said:

If that is correct, and I get in early, do they have a sitting area for us to wait until the 10am check-in?

There’s a very small area just outside the terminal - a few hard benches. 

1 hour ago, Project-College said:

So if I Understood you correctly  'AspiringCindy', if you have a 10am check-in time (as I do on 8/5 for Oasis) and plan to park your car there... you should shoot to get onsite in Bayonne Pier at 9:15am?

Honestly, you should plan to arrive and drop off your luggage by 9:45 if you have a 10AM check in time. Most likely they will make you park in the outdoor lot. By the time you park and walk over to the terminal, it will be 10. I couldn't 100% vouch for arriving 9:15. All I can say is, I've not only left from Cape Liberty, but I've driven friends numerous times to the port. By 10:15/10;30 it seems that it gets super congested leading into the port. 

Watch the 1st 45 seconds of this video to give you an example of what I'm talking about. I know it is from 2019, but things have not changed much. The video vlogger claimed this was at 11AM.

Edited by AspiringCindy

7 hours ago, mook1525 said:

What do I have to do to connect to Voom as soon as I get onboard?

If this is because you want to reserve your shows as soon as you board, you don't need Voom to do that. You need to connect to the ship's wifi then use the RC app to reserve your shows. You do not need Voom to use the app. 

12 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

Honestly, you should plan to arrive and drop off your luggage by 9:45 if you have a 10AM check in time. Most likely they will make you park in the outdoor lot. By the time you park and walk over to the terminal, it will be 10. I couldn't 100% vouch for arriving 9:15. All I can say is, I've not only left from Cape Liberty, but I've driven friends numerous times to the port. By 10:15/10;30 it seems that it gets super congested leading into the port. 

Thks!

9 hours ago, mook1525 said:

Hello!

thanks in advance!!!

I cannot wait

1.  We had a suite, and check in time of 10:30. That being said, we were corralled into a section of the waiting area that had standing room only.  I got yelled at for being there and asking if I was supposed to be there or elsewhere (suite wise).   I was told that "those other people" arrived at 9:30, so first come, first board.   I still got on at about 10:40, but the staff in the boarding area didn't have any control or "bedside manner". Bring your patience and hope for on time boarding to start. 

3. Coffee, we got once at the Spa Vitality Cafe as well.    Not sure if anywhere else...that's all we tried other than Promenade Cafe.

4. There's a Voom kiosk/desk on deck 5 right before you get to the Aft elevators.   I don't know the answer to question 4 but they can definitely help. 

Loved the ship. Have fun.