Friday 1st July QM2 sailing now masks are required indoors .

MCC retired

On 6/30/2022 at 11:42 AM, MCC retired said:

Kind of late notice

I agree. But, in the other hand, they don't know at the start of the week how conditions will turn out. It's only 3 or 4 days into the trip that they can see that the number of cases are on the upswing. And that means only a few day's notice for those in the following week.

• Like 3

Friends ended their TA this morning in Brooklyn. According to them, there must have been lot´s and lot´s of Covid Cases on board. They are both fine. Right from the beginnung in Hamburg ( 22.June) there where Masks to be worn at all times when walking inside the ship.

They haven been not tested on board. They told me they had a wonderful voyage and where quite sad to leave the wonderful QM2.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:40 AM, bluemarble said:

Thank you, @SeaWatch12. The key word I was looking for here is the offer to "cancel". That tells me this mask mandate is most likely coming from the US CDC. As discussed before, a mask mandate and an offer to cancel are among the steps the CDC requests to mitigate moving a ship from "orange" to "red" status.

Edit to add: I notice the word "refund" does not appear in that notification. If the offer is to cancel for FCC instead of a full refund, that would shed new light on the situation.

We had to cancel because of positive pre board test. We had the trailers insurance so got a full refund. 

The letter I received from Cunard stated the protocols were developed w the US CDC & UK Health Security... options were transfer, postpone or cancel my voyage.  When I called the travel agent she said I had option of FCC or refund...I chose the refund to my credit card which she said should appear within 60  - 90 days.

We just returned from this wonderful QM2 cruise and YES, we did wear our masks at all times on the ship, even while dancing in the nightclub.  No problem! We felt very safe and comfortable with all the precautions.

Before the cruise we did get a Covid booster shot, and we took some care to avoid any situations that could potentially expose us as we did not want to test positive in advance and lose the cruise.

I will say there is an extremely large population of very elderly passengers, some rather frail, so I would guess there is probably less immunity for these individuals due to their health, and they need to be protected.  

We had three different waiters in the restaurant, so I think our first waiter came down with Covid and they had to rotate substitutes.  

We are pretty healthy and active, and even walked around for three hours in Halifax in the pouring rain and chilly weather (we were soaked), but not even a sniffle or a cough.

I am so happy to have been able to return to the cruise experience, especially on the grand and lovely Queen Mary 2!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

We are pretty healthy and active, and even walked around for three hours in Halifax in the pouring rain and chilly weather (we were soaked), but not even a sniffle or a cough.

We were on this cruise a long time ago and had the same weather as you and my father came home with pneumonia and I had a sinus infection.

Pls keep safe to enjoy the summer and future cruises.