Transfer advice Vancouver Airport to Pan Pacific

doktor71

29 minutes ago, doktor71 said:

Looking for best and most economical way to get from airport to hotel not using any form of public transportation? 

Lyft, Uber, taxi, private driver…

2 hours ago, RTShaker said:

I use a taxi. They have flat rates from the airport to downtown. $36 to Pan pacific.

flat rate chart

We did the same in 2019. Glad we didn't uber because we sat in traffic for 40 minutes.  With the flat rate we absolutely got a better deal!

3 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

define "best".  

fastest/easiest is taxi/uber.  

cheapest is the train.(light rail) - but it is public transportation.

There is a stop across from Pan-Pacific. With luggage I take the taxi.

I've done the light rail with full-size bags.  Easy if you don't have mobility issues.  I also found it fast & predictable (no traffic worries) in addition to it being cheaper.  I've stayed at both of the Fairmont hotels that are right by the Pan Pacific.  It's a very short walk from the train station to any of the hotels in that area.  

• Like 1

I always take the Sky train, even with baggage. It is fast, predictable, and cheaper. But the taxi's are flat rate and hey, if you get stuck in traffic it will give you more time to see Vancouver. Like being stuck in the Louvre and being forced to gaze upon the Mona Lisa for an extra 30 minutes. 😁 And yes, I am biased, I love that city. 😍

The reason why I stated no public transportation, although I am mobile, I will be in my early 80’s and still can pull luggage along, who know what 2023 will bring so I was looking for best solution without public transportation. I want  to handle a 50 lb piece of luggage as little as possible. Don’t forget we are from Florida so will be picking for colder climate. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 4:15 PM, doktor71 said:

The reason why I stated no public transportation, although I am mobile, I will be in my early 80’s and still can pull luggage along, who know what 2023 will bring so I was looking for best solution without public transportation. I want  to handle a 50 lb piece of luggage as little as possible. Don’t forget we are from Florida so will be picking for colder climate. 

I am in complete agreement with you.  If we take a 3 night sailing from Vancouver to San Francisco, for example, we opt for the train / sky train because we only have a carry on piece of luggage.  For Alaska, we wouldn't dream of dragging all that luggage between the transfers and walking, especially if it's raining.  

The cabs at Vancouver airport have been very reasonable for us in the past and you will get door to door service and you won't start your cruise off with being drenched or a lot of frustration ... all for saving about $25.