Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

6 hours ago, MikeyB said:

I should have added that my TA already said  "no"  because Viking doesn't combine promos.

But from my past experience I know they do.

Getting a straight answer is hard to do.

I’ve combined promos pre-covid - thanks for keeping us informed.

On 11/19/2023 at 10:17 PM, MikeyB said:

Deec...I 

I might be in love with you.  But time will tell.  On board the Sky now. And will find out tomorrow if its combinable with TGS23.  Wouldnt that be nice. 

For the future world cruisers.  The Viking singers/dancers just came onboard in Barcelona. 

Although i saw four board. Only 3 performed at the welcome aboard.  There are a number of rooms being refurbished on deck3 Starboard.  Sounds sometimes like Gaza Strip.  Not really what you should expect.  Stewards are friendly and outstanding.

The captain is a giant.  Jenna is onboard.  Prio is the bartenderr in the Living Room.  Third cruise with him.  Alan on guitar. Its 11:17 now.  Must have another drink

Can I ask , is that Alan the Guitarist  from the UK?

JIm

On 11/21/2023 at 1:18 PM, Sleep7 said:

Good luck!🙌🏻

On 11/21/2023 at 3:08 PM, Squawkman said:

I’ve combined promos pre-covid - thanks for keeping us informed.

Sorry to say FV23 is not combinable with any other offers.  It might be with EBD but as we know that offer generally means nothing.

And the cruise consultant admitted that some offers are combinable. 

3 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Sorry to say FV23 is not combinable with any other offers.  It might be with EBD but as we know that offer generally means nothing.

And the cruise consultant admitted that some offers are combinable. 

🙋‍♀️Thanks for the info MikeyB.

I did call my agent at Viking about it and he said it wasn't good on the voyage we have a deposit on.. just a new voyage if we wanted to book one.😊

3 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

🙋‍♀️Thanks for the info MikeyB.

I did call my agent at Viking about it and he said it wasn't good on the voyage we have a deposit on.. just a new voyage if we wanted to book one.😊

So what brilliant travelog can I expect in the future?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

So what brilliant travelog can I expect in the future?

😊Oh thanks!

The last one from a few weeks ago ended up being almost the length of "War and Peace." 

I guess appropriate for Eastern Europe.🤔

We have an Azamara scheduled in the spring in Spain and Portugal and then an Italian Sojourn over the summer. 

You said you are currently on board?  Lucky you! 🥳

Where are you having your Turkey day?

1 hour ago, Sleep7 said:

😊Oh thanks!

The last one from a few weeks ago ended up being almost the length of "War and Peace." 

I guess appropriate for Eastern Europe.🤔

We have an Azamara scheduled in the spring in Spain and Portugal and then an Italian Sojourn over the summer. 

You said you are currently on board?  Lucky you! 🥳

Where are you having your Turkey day?

Sounds good. Please notify us on Viking when your posting.   Loved your pics and posts.

Viking is doing turkey on Thanksgiving.   Which is a relief because originally they had it on the app two days later!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

What did you and Marian book? 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Hi Flounder,

We booked Northern Pacific  Passage for April 23.  Used the TGS23 for a pretty good promo.

Happy Birdday!!

Oh, it appears that your local TA  can give you up to $1,300 for a cruise over 14 nights.

• Like 1

Today’s email. Two days left on promo ECU23. Great deal on the March Chilean Fjords cruise. We took it in October and had a great time.

Discover awe-inspiring cities & landscapes

Antarctica
FREE International Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
ASK FOR OFFER: ECU23
LEARN MORE

Every year at the end of the austral summer, our state-of-the-art expedition vessels return to North America from the snow-covered shores of Antarctica. Join us on an epic 43-day voyage and you can explore the “White Continent,” witness the majesty of the Chilean fjords and traverse the legendary Panama Canal. Or sail a segment of this unforgettable journey along the breathtaking coasts of South and Central America. Whichever itinerary you choose, vibrant, historic cities and awe-inspiring natural landscapes await your discovery.

FEATURED EXPEDITION VOYAGES

Panama and Scenic South America

Panama & Scenic South America

18 DAYS | Santiago to Ft. Lauderdale

FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Mar 16 & 24, 2024 Departures

Admire the mysterious geoglyphs of the Atacama Desert in Chile and go snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea off Cozumel.

Chilean Fjords and Patagonia Explorer

Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer

15 DAYS | Buenos Aires to Santiago

FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Mar 2, 2024 Departure

Observe a penguin colony on Magdalena Island and marvel at the rugged, snow-white terrain of towering glaciers in the Chilean fjords.

Antarctic Explorer and the Americas

NEW ITINERARY

Antarctic Explorer & the Americas

43 DAYS | Buenos Aires to Ft. Lauderdale

FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Special Fares
On Feb 20, 2024 Departure

Witness the beauty of Argentina’s Tierra del Fuego National Park, take part in a shore landing in Antarctica and discover the ruins of an ancient city in Ecuador.

• Like 1

Egypt River Cruise

Promo EP23

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

Egypt
2024 NILE RIVER VOYAGES

Explore Egypt in Viking comfort

The Great Pyramids of Giza. Queen Nefertari’s lavishly decorated tomb. Old Cairo’s bustling Khan el-Khalili outdoor marketplace. You can discover Egypt’s many remarkable treasures when you join us on board one of our small, elegant ships, specifically built to navigate the legendary Nile River. Reserve your preferred stateroom by December 10 to enjoy FREE international airfare and special fares on select 2024 departures of our popular 12-day Pharaohs & Pyramids journey.

LEARN MORE

Pharaohs & Pyramids

12 DAYS  | Cairo to Cairo

All-Inclusive Fares from $5,999*
Plus, FREE International Airfare

ASK FOR OFFER: EP23
On Select Jan–Jun 2024 Departures

Map of Egypt
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Egypt River Cruise

Promo EP23

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

Egypt
2024 NILE RIVER VOYAGES

Explore Egypt in Viking comfort

The Great Pyramids of Giza. Queen Nefertari’s lavishly decorated tomb. Old Cairo’s bustling Khan el-Khalili outdoor marketplace. You can discover Egypt’s many remarkable treasures when you join us on board one of our small, elegant ships, specifically built to navigate the legendary Nile River. Reserve your preferred stateroom by December 10 to enjoy FREE international airfare and special fares on select 2024 departures of our popular 12-day Pharaohs & Pyramids journey.

LEARN MORE

Pharaohs & Pyramids

12 DAYS  | Cairo to Cairo

All-Inclusive Fares from $5,999*
Plus, FREE International Airfare

ASK FOR OFFER: EP23
On Select Jan–Jun 2024 Departures

Map of Egypt

This will a tough route to sell to new passengers given the current environment. Just a couple of months ago, i.e., before October 7, the Egypt sailings were sold out through 2024 and beyond. Now there are openings on every sailing.

1 hour ago, SJD117 said:

This will a tough route to sell to new passengers given the current environment. Just a couple of months ago, i.e., before October 7, the Egypt sailings were sold out through 2024 and beyond. Now there are openings on every sailing.

We were booked with Viking for January 2025 with our very dear friends (including our travel agent). When others wanted to join the group, but the Viking sailing was sold out, Ama had just released a sailing, so we all moved to that one. 

Here's hoping that the situation becomes more teneble and it is both safe to live in and visit the region (mostly safe to live in). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SJD117 said:

Oh yeah, I remember looking at itineraries for 2024 and they were completely sold out.

I am surprised that I received just one Viking brochure for December yesterday, the 2024/2025 Ocean Voyages. Other months, I received several brochures. The only promo code in the brochure was EBD, which I guess is normal. Looks like the $25 deposit is here to stay, at least for now.