Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

On 8/17/2024 at 7:15 AM, TayanaLorna said:

I have noticed that new itineraries are very popular and often pricey.  And yes, the fare and availability improves after a couple years or so.  Also it looks like the new Vela will be sailing this cruise.  Viking regulars like to try out new ships.  Wasn't that I, A &G cruise just awesome!  Our next cruise - Panama Canal FLL to FLL won't be nearly as exciting or port intensive.  But we are looking forward to more new places and lots of sea days to enjoy the ship.

Lorna - we are booked on the March 2026 Malta cruise (BCN-BCN) on the Vesta.  Come join us!

Some great deals if timing works for you…

SPECIAL OFFER

FREE Airfare* | FREE Stateroom Upgrade | Reduced Fares

Ask for offer CSA24 • Expires August‌ 31‌, 2024‌

Octantis Coastal Cliff Antarctica

Your front-row seat to stunning vistas

From the shimmering waters and soaring peaks of the Chilean fjords to Antarctica’s pristine snow-covered shores, our award-winning expedition ships offer you an ideal vantage point from which to view some of the world’s most extraordinary landscapes. Kayak among towering glaciers or witness spectacular panoramas from the comfort of The Aquavit Terrace, The Explorers’ Lounge or your own Nordic Balcony—included in every stateroom. Book today to take advantage of a limited-time offer—FREE airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and reduced fares on the select 2024 voyages below.

FEATURED EXPEDITION VOYAGES

Punta Morena Beach Shades Cozumel
Panama & Scenic
South America

Ft. Lauderdale to Santiago

FREE Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Oct 22 & 25,
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: CSA24

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Cape Breton Rocky Coastline Nova Scotia
Canada &
the Atlantic Coastline 

Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale

FREE Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Oct 10,
2024 Departure

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Cathedral Plaza Armas Santiago

NEW ITINERARY

Chilean Fjords &
Scenic Shores

Santiago to Ushuaia

FREE Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Nov 8,
2024 Departure

DAYS

COUNTRIES

Chinstrap Penguins Duo Antarctica

Antarctic Explorer

Buenos Aires to Ushuaia

FREE Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Nov & Dec
2024 Departures

DAYS

COUNTRIES

Whale Fluke Ice Shoreline Antarctica
Antarctica &
South Georgia Island

Buenos Aires to Ushuaia

FREE Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Dec 15,
2024 Departure

DAYS

COUNTRIES

• Thanks 1

I rarely comment on this board because I’m always worried I’ll say something wrong, but I feel like I must this time. I too would like to thank Florida Flounder for posting all the special offer codes. After speaking with our travel agent we were eligible for the ASM24 on our Grand Hawaii French Polynesian cruise for January 2025. Our cruise is paid in full so we will be receiving a $7,700 refund!!! Thank you 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, wtraveler said:

I rarely comment on this board because I’m always worried I’ll say something wrong, but I feel like I must this time. I too would like to thank Florida Flounder for posting all the special offer codes. After speaking with our travel agent we were eligible for the ASM24 on our Grand Hawaii French Polynesian cruise for January 2025. Our cruise is paid in full so we will be receiving a $7,700 refund!!! Thank you 

Thats exciting! You got the savings after you had paid in full?

5 minutes ago, wtraveler said:

Yes, I was very surprised!

We're on the same cruise and final payment isn't due until the end of September so perhaps that's why (since I believe you could have cancelled and rebooked at the new fare)?

47 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Cancellation with no penalty would be the end of September - final payment would have been end of July. Cancelling and rebooking should be possible and would explain the refund.

Just looked at our invoice again.  We booked it August 9th and final payment isn't due until September 30th, penalties start October 4th.

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Just looked at our invoice again.  We booked it August 9th and final payment isn't due until September 30th, penalties start October 4th.

You didn’t say you just did a last minute booking which explains why your PIF is less than 6 months. This has no relation whatsoever to Wtraveler’s refund situation.

12 hours ago, wtraveler said:

Were you able to keep the same stateroom?

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

You didn’t say you just did a last minute booking which explains why your PIF is less than 6 months. This has no relation whatsoever to Wtraveler’s refund situation.

Only second Viking cruise for us.  Do NOT consider booking a cruise 5+ months out "last minute".  Was just conjecturing so chill out.

Edited by zelker
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

Normally we book as soon as the schedule is posted.

We've often had bookings where PIF is 4 months out.  Possibly it's determined by who picks up the phone at Viking.

17 minutes ago, millybess said:

We've often had bookings where PIF is 4 months out.  Possibly it's determined by who picks up the phone at Viking

I would think that you’re in Canada might be the reason.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Not sure about that.  We deal with the LA office.  And it has also been 6 months at times.  

Also, I will mention, that we always book directly with Viking over the phone and have the booking transferred to our Canadian TA.  She is always surprised when it shows up as PIF at 4 months before the sailing date.  

2 minutes ago, millybess said:
29 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Not sure about that.  We deal with the LA office.  And it has also been 6 months at times.  

I always use the same Viking agent - I’ll check this out next time we speak.

Just now, Squawkman said:

I always use the same Viking agent - I’ll check this out next time we speak.

Good idea.  Unfortunately the agent we came to like left Viking a couple of bookings ago, so we deal with whoever picks up the phone.

9 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I wish that were the case. We play the 'marker cruise' game to ensure 6 months PIF, but have never managed a 4 month PIF. We also book well in advance.

Having met @millybess, I chalk it up to her charm! 🍺🥌

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptkelley said:

Hi! What is the “marker cruise”? Thanks! 

I think they are using the term "marker" to refer to a long in the future placeholder where you just put $25 pp down as a means of securing 6 month Payment in Full for all cruises booked before then.   As I described it, you book a cruise way way out - like end of 2026.  Likely you won't take it or you might transfer it to another cruise itinerary.  Or maybe you do take it, but you have until 2 years from now to make that decision.  In the meantime, you have "bought" that 6 month Payment in Full for any cruises you now book.   So I guess you have "marked" that future cruise.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have a code (applicable to France river Avignon/Lyon in March 2025) that is currently valid?

I just called trying to use CD824 which I thought was good through today but rep said it's already expired.  He suggested we should have received new code(s) in mail and could call him back once we locate those-- but I haven't seen any... and our 72hr hold on this booking expires tomorrow AM.

Any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

12 minutes ago, AttendingWriter said:

Does anyone have a code (applicable to France river Avignon/Lyon in March 2025) that is currently valid?

I just called trying to use CD824 which I thought was good through today but rep said it's already expired.  He suggested we should have received new code(s) in mail and could call him back once we locate those-- but I haven't seen any... and our 72hr hold on this booking expires tomorrow AM.

Any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

I am not sure what kind of discount you are expecting. You can try "RG8"

15 minutes ago, AttendingWriter said:

CD824 was the $500 for  <15 days past guest  ... but it looks like RG8 may be the same amount.  Thanks so much!! I'll try that ...

well! even better! I called again and got another rep who was so much more helpful and said CD824 still applied. Night and day difference from the first.  (This has in fact happened to us before 🙂 

• Like 1