Extra OBC?

Cuthbertz

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Be interesting to see whether this extended into November sailings.  Due to pay our balance next month.

We’ve got the OBC for our Aurora cruise on 30 Oct, so 10 of 12 nights in November. Balance isn’t due for another 4 weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Harry. In the interests of accuracy I would point out that Cosmos are still very much in existence. We went to Nova Scotia with them pre pandemic, very efficient too. Cosmos, Globus, Avalon Waterways ( river cruises ).

Still Swiss owned by the looks of it, and still based in Bromley. I used to wait for a 47 bus to my office outside their offices and reckoned if anything went wrong with the holiday I could bang on their door!

It looks to have gone upmarket since then. It  was our first ever package holiday, to Calella de la Costa. 1971. Very cheap, and the ‘en suite’ shower was in the corridor outside the room. Very, very exciting though, and so very different from Britain back then. Franco was still in power, and even kissing in public was risky. Great holiday though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Still Swiss owned by the looks of it, and still based in Bromley. I used to wait for a 47 bus to my office outside their offices and reckoned if anything went wrong with t holiday I could bang on their door!I

If I may add a little anecdote to this. I very briefly(about 3 /4 months) worked for Cosmos Holidays in DallasBromley. when I left after my military service. Then in June 1975  I was offered a job working for H A L  in America sailing on SS Statendam. Which leads me on to receiving my extra OBC this week for our Arcadia Cruise in October.

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It looks to have gone upmarket since then. It  was our first ever package holiday, to Calella de la Costa. 1971. Very cheap, and the ‘en suite’ shower was in the corridor outside the room. Very, very exciting though, and so very different from Britain back then. Franco was still in power, and even kissing in public was risky. Great holiday though.

6 minutes ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

If I may add a little anecdote to this. I very briefly(about 3 /4 months) worked for Cosmos Holidays in DallasBromley. when I left after my military service. Then in June 1975  I was offered a job working for H A L  in America sailing on SS Statendam. Which leads me on to receiving my extra OBC this week for our Arcadia Cruise in October.

Remember my first package holiday way back. Lloret de Mar. Cost 49 quid! 

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Still Swiss owned by the looks of it, and still based in Bromley. I used to wait for a 47 bus to my office outside their offices and reckoned if anything went wrong with the holiday I could bang on their door!

We went with their Globus arm. Couldn't praise high enough. We have booked 2 Rockies tours with the twice and have needed to cancel both. Money back in our account promptly. In 1970  my first holiday overseas was to Calella. Exchange controls were in. £50 went a long way. Those were the days

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Remember my first package holiday way back. Lloret de Mar. Cost 49 quid! 

Same price I paid for a reconditioned engine (including fitting) for my Mk1 Cortina 1500 in the 70's!

• Like 1

Hi, weve also had the email  but when you log into my p & o theres nothing in there, it states it will show in 24 hours and that was Friday morning but I still cant see it & wonder if the amount varies by length of cruise or cabin type. Ifvits £150 it will nake our OBC £710 which seems very good for 14 nights.

14 minutes ago, Ivanhoe road said:

Had the email saying £200 obc, but where do I look to see if it has been added? We sail 18th October.

You will receive an amended booking form either direct from P&O, or via your TA if you used one.

Not received an email about OBC although I have had TWO emails reminding me that the balance of my cruise is due this Friday 8th July. We sail on the Arcadia on 6th October to see the Northern Lights (?). Anyone know what the criteria is for getting this OBC? or is it just pot luck?

52 minutes ago, PJ's said:

Not received an email about OBC although I have had TWO emails reminding me that the balance of my cruise is due this Friday 8th July. We sail on the Arcadia on 6th October to see the Northern Lights (?). Anyone know what the criteria is for getting this OBC? or is it just pot luck?

No idea of the criteria. We have had the email but our travelling companions haven't. Awkward...🙄

I have spoken to P&O this morning. It is final balance day for us today, and so I asked about extra OBC for our 2/10 sailing on Britannia. The customer service lady I spoke to emailed the relevant people, and the answer was that certain cruises have been selected for the additional OBC, but 2/10 on Britannia is most definatly not one of them.

I don't know the reason, but was told the criteria won't change.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but the lady I spoke to was very helpful and addressed a number of other concerns I had.

I also spoke to MSC, as I had an option on a cabin with them. They seemed totally clueless in most queries I had. I have therefore decided to pay the final balance with P&O. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I have spoken to P&O this morning. It is final balance day for us today, and so I asked about extra OBC for our 2/10 sailing on Britannia. The customer service lady I spoke to emailed the relevant people, and the answer was that certain cruises have been selected for the additional OBC, but 2/10 on Britannia is most definatly not one of them.

I don't know the reason, but was told the criteria won't change.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but the lady I spoke to was very helpful and addressed a number of other concerns I had.

I also spoke to MSC, as I had an option on a cabin with them. They seemed totally clueless in most queries I had. I have therefore decided to pay the final balance with P&O. 

Poo. DW will have to pay for here own Bailey's then.🤧

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Trevor Fountain said:

The customer service lady I spoke to emailed the relevant people, and the answer was that certain cruises have been selected for the additional OBC, but 2/10 on Britannia is most definatly not one of them.

That's because we are on it. lol

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, solentsam said:

Iona Canaries 8th Oct.

we are on that one, got 150 extra to go with what we already had been credited or so it says, so result. don't know how to check it though

You will receive a revised booking summary from P&O if booked direct or your TA if you booked with one.

My TA said that it is taking about 2 weeks before the info is on line (for TAs) and a little longer before they receive confirmation from P&O.

I rang P&O direct this morning to check for our Britannia cruise at the end of the month. And to clarify the state closure with the specialty restaurants, plus a few others things. And a few other things - well, once I got through I would make it worth it!

What seemed like years later - and into a new future where Carnival shares are enticing and deck chair hoggers are instantly thrown overboard - they were very helpful and clarified my confusion over various emails including a few vague ones, about extra OBC and the like.

Edited by Camberley

I complained to P&O after my cruise on Azura about the number of things not available and I received a very generous amount that could be used as OBC or FCC.

Knowing this I’m not so sure I would get so excited about the extra OBC as you might find it hard to find anywhere to spend it other than the usual handbags.

I’m on Iona in September and haven’t received an (other) extra OBC …….. yet.