Ruby princess caribe

miniwheat

2 hours ago, miniwheat said:

I’m currently booked in the first balcony cabin on caribe deck, can anyone tell me what’s in the open space in front on this cabin. Thanks for the help.

Not sure which cabin you have but if you are in the most forward cabin - C101 or C102 I have a minor warning for you. While it's not a balcony cabin we sailed on Ruby in C106. It's an inside cabin at the same place as those forward balconies.  (We booked this for a short 7 day cruise because we realized it would hook up nicely with a 19 day cruise we had scheduled on Coral Princess so the location was fine for that purpose.) We woke up one morning with a sound like a freight train zooming through our cabin. It was really (really!) loud. When we figured out it was the anchor chain being let out we laughed and went back to sleep but, for that brief moment, it was really crazy loud.

image.png.c14c5cec7bcae8b5f68d797c43e07e31.png

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Not sure which cabin you have but if you are in the most forward cabin - C101 or C102 I have a minor warning for you. While it's not a balcony cabin we sailed on Ruby in C106. It's an inside cabin at the same place as those forward balconies.  (We booked this for a short 7 day cruise because we realized it would hook up nicely with a 19 day cruise we had scheduled on Coral Princess so the location was fine for that purpose.) We woke up one morning with a sound like a freight train zooming through our cabin. It was really (really!) loud. When we figured out it was the anchor chain being let out we laughed and went back to sleep but, for that brief moment, it was really crazy loud.

image.png.c14c5cec7bcae8b5f68d797c43e07e31.png

I’m in 101. I was worried about what’s at the front of the ship. 
I have had the scare of the anchor in the morning on a cruise before it can be so loud but once you know what it is it’s fine 😂. Did you ever hear noises from the front area, I think it has something to do with the crew.

53 minutes ago, miniwheat said:

I’m in 101. I was worried about what’s at the front of the ship. 
I have had the scare of the anchor in the morning on a cruise before it can be so loud but once you know what it is it’s fine 😂. Did you ever hear noises from the front area, I think it has something to do with the crew.

It seems to me there was a "crew only" door there at the end of the hall. I saw a few crew go through the door but they were all in whites with officer's insignia. Never heard a sound from anything other than the anchor. Like you said, once you know what it is it's fine but that first time... Wow!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It seems to me there was a "crew only" door there at the end of the hall. I saw a few crew go through the door but they were all in whites with officer's insignia. Never heard a sound from anything other than the anchor. Like you said, once you know what it is it's fine but that first time... Wow!

Thanks 😊 that’s what we figured but just wanted to make sure. Did you happen to notice if the first balcony was the same as the rest?

10 minutes ago, miniwheat said:

Thanks 😊 that’s what we figured but just wanted to make sure. Did you happen to notice if the first balcony was the same as the rest?

Nope. Never had that balcony but I can't imagine it being different from any of the other Caribe deck balconies. We often book the Caribe deck balconies but generally select the aft portion of the ship.

Once had C202 on Island Princess but it's a different class of ship. That cabin was a "window mini suite". I didn't even realize that was a type of cabin. It was as large as a mini plus balcony but had a window instead of a balcony.

• Thanks 1