Celebrity Beyond Thermal Suite

analini

I would love to hear about the experiences of anyone who has used the thermal suite on the Beyond.  I am particularly interested in the experiences of anyone who has used the thermal suites on the Edge or the Apex as well, and how the Beyond’s thermal suite compares.  I am sailing with my mom on the Beyond on one of the Greek Islands and Italy sailings in August.

My mom and I have sailed many times on NCL’s Breakaway class ships and have absolutely loved the spectacular thermal suites.  When we returned to sailing with Celebrity last year, we got weeklong passes for the thermal suite on the Edge.  Although it was absolutely beautiful and thoughtfully designed, I was a bit disappointed.  I found the absence of a thalassotherapy pool or any kind of therapy pool/tub to be a big mistake in the design.  I enjoy the water therapy and appreciate the relaxation and benefits for my skin.  After a couple of visits to the thermal suite, it began to feel boring, lacking in sufficient variety, and simply not enough to justify the steep price.  It is my understanding that the thermal suite on the Beyond has some enhancements including a therapy pool.  Can anyone confirm this?

I am also very interested in the pricing for multi-day passes.  Only 1-day passes are currently available for my sailing, and the spa menu on the website doesn’t include any pricing.  Thank you so much!

• Like 1

I just looked at the marketing materials and deck plan for the Beyond and there is no mention/ picture of a thalassotherapy pool in the spa.  The deck plan does not show a pool in the spa.  
There is a pool in the Solarium but most likely that is the same as the Solarium pool on the Edge and Apex.

44 minutes ago, analini said:

Thank you so much for this information!  The thermal suite is beautiful, I just wish that it had a therapy pool or whirlpool.

Agreed..big miss to not include this.  Most newer ships offer one!

15 hours ago, analini said:

I would love to hear about the experiences of anyone who has used the thermal suite on the Beyond.  I am particularly interested in the experiences of anyone who has used the thermal suites on the Edge or the Apex as well, and how the Beyond’s thermal suite compares.  I am sailing with my mom on the Beyond on one of the Greek Islands and Italy sailings in August.

My mom and I have sailed many times on NCL’s Breakaway class ships and have absolutely loved the spectacular thermal suites.  

I have said to anyone who will listen that NCL Breakaway and above class have the best Thermal SPA and it is because of the Thalasso pool.

then the next thing NCL does best is their solo rooms with interior hallways and very quiet. 

I once did the Carnival Vista and their spa area is a bit of a joke compared to NCL.   Sure wish Celebrity would do a better job on thermal area

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2022 at 11:53 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I have said to anyone who will listen that NCL Breakaway and above class have the best Thermal SPA and it is because of the Thalasso pool.

then the next thing NCL does best is their solo rooms with interior hallways and very quiet. 

I once did the Carnival Vista and their spa area is a bit of a joke compared to NCL.   Sure wish Celebrity would do a better job on thermal area

We loved the thermal spa on Breakaway when we cruised February 2020; it was where we spent both sea days as it was too chilly outside. Currently considering a cruise on Beyond in February 2023 and sad to her their thermal suite doesn't compare. Although I suppose the solarium is a good option.

on the site for Celebrity Beyond--their description of the SEA thermal suite refers to a thalassotherapy pool... are we sure there isn't one?

Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Enjoy a 1-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this pass.

1 hour ago, renji said:

on the site for Celebrity Beyond--their description of the SEA thermal suite refers to a thalassotherapy pool... are we sure there isn't one?

Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Enjoy a 1-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this pass.

There's no pool or hot tub in the Thermal suite on any Celebrity ship, period. The description is a generic wording applying to all of Celebrity's Spa facilities whether or not the ship actually has those specific facilities. The thalassotherapy pools are in the Solarium on M-Class ships, and are accessable to everyone whether you have Thermal suite access or not. Celebrity conflates the offerings in the Solarium with the thermal suite since Celebrity considers the Solarium as part of their spa facilities. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

There's no pool or hot tub in the Thermal suite on any Celebrity ship, period. The description is a generic wording applying to all of Celebrity's Spa facilities whether or not the ship actually has those specific facilities. The thalassotherapy pools are in the Solarium on M-Class ships, and are accessable to everyone whether you have Thermal suite access or not. Celebrity conflates the offerings in the Solarium with the thermal suite since Celebrity considers the Solarium as part of their spa facilities. 

Thank you so much. This trip on Beyond  will be my first time on Celebrity. I have to say that ad right at purchase, especially the last line “Enjoy a 1-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this pass”—makes their advertisement to purchase the spa pass almost stunningly misleading. 

43 minutes ago, renji said:

Thank you so much. This trip on Beyond  will be my first time on Celebrity. I have to say that ad right at purchase, especially the last line “Enjoy a 1-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this pass”—makes their advertisement to purchase the spa pass almost stunningly misleading. 

Unlike the M & S class Celebrity ships the new E class ships don't have any complementary sauna facilities; they are located in the Co-ed thermal suite. The other ship classes have a complementary sauna located in the locker room of the gym/spa. On the E class ships the locker room is located in the spa area and is reserved for those with a treatment, thermal suite pass, or Aquaclass cabin. If you're just using the Fitness center you don't have access to the locker room. Additionally the E class ships eliminated the single sex saunas in the locker rooms, so there's only the unisex ones in the thermal suite. 

• Like 1