Electrical outlets

Jjg34219

Just now, Jim Avery said:

Stick a business card or other ID in your wallet in the slot and never take it out till time to go home.  Keeps the power on to the outlets.  Cut your lights off so not to waste power now.....

Yep.  We keep an empty gift card in my wallet for this purpose.  
The first time I realized this, I dropped my  kindle off to charge.  It didn’t, I thought it was a funky cord and was ticked off as it was the only cord I had to charge it with me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pontac said:

Thank you. I didn't know that and I can't recall seeing it mentioned on Vikings website

It is there, buried deep and almost impossible to find unless you know where to start looking.😖

It is buried in the FAQ. Here's a link directly to the document:  Prohibited Items List. I suggest that everyone downloaded it. 20190826-Prohibited-Item-List.pdf

And here is what it says:

Prohibited Items List* for Luggage Loading
* The above list is subject to change without notice. Any such items shall be surrendered to the Ship’s Security Officer (or delegate)
at embarkation and may be disposed of at the sole discretion of the Ship’s Security Officer.

PROHIBITED ITEMS
ø All firearms
(working, nonfiring, replicas, imitations & air/pellet guns)
ø All forms of ammunition
ø Stun guns, Tasers or any
electroshock devices
ø Cricket or archery bows & arrows; crossbows; darts; diver’s spearguns; catapults; any bats, hockey sticks, etc.
ø Axes, ice picks or cleavers
ø Knives or scissors
(if the blade is longer than 3 inches or 7.6 cm)
ø Scalpels
ø Shaving knives or blades
ø Wallpaper knives
ø Martial arts or self-defense gear (pepper spray, knuckle-dusters, rice flails, clubs, nightsticks, batons, etc.)
ø Handcuffs
ø Illegal drugs
ø Hookahs
ø Candles or incense
ø Coffee makers
ø Flammable liquids & all explosives (lighter fluid, fireworks, flares, etc.)
ø Hazardous chemicals
(bleach, paint, etc.)
ø Extension cords (USB and laptop charging cables are exempt)
ø Any electrical device that produces
heat, such as:
- Clothes irons, including steam irons
- Hot plates or heating kettles
- Electrical air humidifiers & refreshers
- Heating pads
ø Any electrical device with a
surge protector
ø Ham radios
ø Aerial drones not allowed to be operated from the ship

ALLOWABLE ITEMS
√ Cigar cutters
√ Disposable razors
√ Knitting needles
√ Crochet hooks
√ Knives or scissors
(if the blade is shorter than 3 inches or 7.6 cm)
√ Nail files & clippers
√ Tweezers
√ Syringes for medical use
√ Umbrellas
√ Curling irons
Updated 08/26/2019

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Everyone has some sort of card in their wallet/purse that will work.  On the WC they printed "business" cards for all of us to hand out.  A couple of them also work.  

A folded piece of paper will also work

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, Peregrina651 said:

ø Axes, ice picks or cleavers

On a side note about prohibited items... My ex picked up a very cool hatchet in Norway and when we returned to the ship, we just let security know and they took possession until we disembarked.   

1 hour ago, dreamercruise said:

Question about electrical outlets in bathrooms - can I use my Waterpik water floss (not portable version, but one that has a wire to an outlet for power) in the bathroom? Thanks.

We used one on either a river cruise or ocean cruise, I don’t remember which. I do recall we had to use it outside the bathroom and used the ice bucket as a basin to catch the water. Yeah, I know. Yuck 🤢 

BTW I now never use the ice bucket for ice.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dreamercruise said:

Question about electrical outlets in bathrooms - can I use my Waterpik water floss (not portable version, but one that has a wire to an outlet for power) in the bathroom? Thanks.

What is the wattage of the device and what kind of plug does it have? Is the plug two-pronged or three-pronged? Are the blade shaped prongs the same size or two different sizes. 

With this information contact Viking directly.  Best to email them so that they can track the correct  information. Tellus@vikingcruises.com 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/4/2022 at 12:40 AM, Clay Clayton said:

As you can tell from the two answers received it all depends on how many times you need to charge.  We are with Heidi on this one but we only have our phones and tablets to charge. 

Here is my recollection of the outlets available in V and DV stateroom - there may be more (and I suspect there are definitely more in the higher category staterooms): 

-desk: US outlet, Euro outlet

-each bedside: US outlet, Euro outlet, at least one USB outlets (maybe there are two?)

Just Googled this topic for our upcoming cruise.  Thank you for precise info.  It matters where they are!