Cruise only worksheet

Airportlimbo

Years ago there used to be a worksheet were you could drop in the cruise only rate and the various packages and it would show you the best ways to book for no drinks, regular drinks, premium drinks, internet. 

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? Does it still exist and is updated? 

thanks!

A

I remember the spread sheet.    Haven't seen one of late but the old one would be useless as all of the costs have changed. 

Easy enough to crate one.     Just look up each perk and find the price per day then multiply each perk you want by the days of the cruise.

They use to also have a calculator to tell you how much money you needed in tips for envelopes according to class of room and then told you how many 20's, 10's, 5's and 1's   Thank goodness those days are behind us

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, Airportlimbo said:

Looks like I’ll build my own.

What fields do you populate? 

- cruise only

- inclusive 

- indulge

- package costs

- tips

- wifi costs?

Here's mine, if it helps. I am the only one who drinks soda and "good" coffee, so only one classic non-alcoholic drinks package needed. We would share one internet package if we end up needing it. We are both Elite, so there are some savings there.

CRUISE COMPARE SHEET.xlsx

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

Here's mine, if it helps. I am the only one who drinks soda and "good" coffee, so only one classic non-alcoholic drinks package needed. We would share one internet package if we end up needing it. We are both Elite, so there are some savings there.

CRUISE COMPARE SHEET.xlsx 6.44 kB · 12 downloads

Thanks at least I learn something new today.

• Like 1

It's a good starting point but there can be significant savings if one buys things mid-cruise.  Some might be able to hold off on buying the internet and/or drink package until day 3 or day 4, same with internet and drink package upgrades, can add them mid-sailing and only pay the prorated amount.

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's a good starting point but there can be significant savings if one buys things mid-cruise.  Some might be able to hold off on buying the internet and/or drink package until day 3 or day 4, same with internet and drink package upgrades, can add them mid-sailing and only pay the prorated amount.

Very good idea! Thanks!

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Are you able to buy a package mid cruise? I understood it has to be purchased in advance or on day 1

26 minutes ago, aquashores said:

I understood it has to be purchased in advance or on day 1

That is misinformation, I have repeatedly bought or upgraded the internet mid cruise 

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

10 hours ago, GRBlizz said:

CRUISE COMPARE SHEET.xlsx 6.44 kB · 63 downloads

Thanks! That's much simpler that I was starting to make mine. 

Gives me food for thought about not over complicating it. 

One thing this did tell me is that if both people do enjoy a drink or two, the AI price is a very good deal, especially if not eligible for the Elite Happy Hour, or interested in a drink at other times. 

On 7/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, GMaCarolK said:

Is internet worth buying on a transatlantic cruise?

Only if you absolutely need it and don't expect it to work perfectly all the way across, there will be data "holes" without internet.