Crown Princess - July 2, 2022 - live

ChimneyTenders

So we got back yesterday. 

Made all the ports. Juneau was 1.5 hours late. Skagway, Icy Point and Victoria were about 30-45 min early

Both of us tested positive for Covid when we got home. Re:Covid, if you dont have it when you board, you will get in onboard. People were clearly sick and went about their trip. 

Their covid bubble is an illusion. 

We are booked to Mexico next year. Thinking that's not a good idea based on how they handled Alaska. 

2 hours ago, ChimneyTenders said:

So we got back yesterday. 

Made all the ports. Juneau was 1.5 hours late. Skagway, Icy Point and Victoria were about 30-45 min early

Both of us tested positive for Covid when we got home. Re:Covid, if you dont have it when you board, you will get in onboard. People were clearly sick and went about their trip. 

Their covid bubble is an illusion. 

We are booked to Mexico next year. Thinking that's not a good idea based on how they handled Alaska. 

yea, that's my perception as well.  You're going to come into contact with the BA.5 variant on board which is easily transmittable and it appears that past protection has little fight against it.

Slightly different take than your first post about being on the Crown  I noticed.

10 minutes ago, Riley_Mon said:

yea, that's my perception as well.  You're going to come into contact with the BA.5 variant on board which is easily transmittable and it appears that past protection has little fight against it.

Slightly different take than your first post about being on the Crown  I noticed.

We still had a good time.

Would I still go even knowing what I know now and getting covid again (third time might I add and I've been vaxed)? personally for me, maybe. Loved seeing Alaska and enjoyed the time at sea.This was our first princess cruise since before covid and the quality doesn't seem to where it was a few years ago. Service was great. Crew was great. The food wasn't really memorable. Wine selection was bizarre and over priced. 

What I think needs a spotlight is the covid situation on board so people can make more informed decisions but Princess wont do that. It's in their best interest not to. Full refund and no cancellation (non of that FCC BS) would be a good start for them. Princess' integrity took a hit with me on this trip. The illusion of having it together was lost on me. We saw the 'cleaning' they did. It's not cleaning. 

Also, what really got me is the room attendant put the new bed sheets for the next guest in our closet two days before we got off. I cant see how covid is not all over that bedlinen. He also did a clean job that I would give a 3/10 when we got onboard. I think we cleaned better than he did. 

Think about people that were covid positive that spent 2-3 days in your room and left  just 3 hours before you arrive, and a room steward has 2 hours to turn over whatever - 15 rooms?

Edited by Riley_Mon