VIBE - Going to Pre-Cruise Booking (No More Running)

2 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I was in the Vibe Beach Club on the Joy in March 2022.  Unlike other ships, you can not purchase a Cabana.  You can get a week pass for $209.00 per person.  The Joy has a huge VIBE.  Huge Hot tub on both sides of the ship.  Twice as much Vibe then on the Breakaway for example.  The staff was over the top.  When I entered, they would ask where I wanted to sit, they got me an umbrella and frozen fruit and a water with ice.  Any time you needed a drink, they were their for you.  It was awesome.  I hope that helps you. 

FYI, I just booked the Vibe for the Breakaway trip for December 4, 2022.  They are now completely sold out.  Crazy.  As soon as they changed the game to book it early, they Vibe was completely sold out in days.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

I think we will see some sellouts!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

I believe it.  As word continues to get out, it will be wildly popular.   The fun part will be the folks who are trying it for the first time:.reactions from passengers who have not experienced Vibe will be fun to see.  We will see some sellouts for sure!!!

Yep.

Although I believe part of their reasoning was cash flow (as others commented also), we've long been in favor or being able to book the VIBE when you book your cruise.  

There were too many "angles" to getting a VIBE pass which really made it unfortunate.  I won't discuss them, but it really wasn't fair and the resulting 'sprint' was simply a nightmare with, sometimes, some bumps, bruises and falls on the way.

Glad to see the continued success posts.  

Now if someone with some time could come up with a VIBE capacity "by ship" that might also be helpful.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Yep.

Although I believe part of their reasoning was cash flow (as others commented also), we've long been in favor or being able to book the VIBE when you book your cruise.  

There were too many "angles" to getting a VIBE pass which really made it unfortunate.  I won't discuss them, but it really wasn't fair and the resulting 'sprint' was simply a nightmare with, sometimes, some bumps, bruises and falls on the way.

Glad to see the continued success posts.  

Now if someone with some time could come up with a VIBE capacity "by ship" that might also be helpful.

I won't mess the running to get passes, they should have done it years ago. I believe the BA and Escape are 100?? On the Escape my wife and I had number 99 and 100 and told we were the last to get them. The Getaway was expanded to about twice the size of the BA

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I was in the Vibe Beach Club on the Joy in March 2022.  Unlike other ships, you can not purchase a Cabana.  You can get a week pass for $209.00 per person.  The Joy has a huge VIBE.  Huge Hot tub on both sides of the ship.  Twice as much Vibe then on the Breakaway for example.  The staff was over the top.  When I entered, they would ask where I wanted to sit, they got me an umbrella and frozen fruit and a water with ice.  Any time you needed a drink, they were their for you.  It was awesome.  I hope that helps you. 

FYI, I just booked the Vibe for the Breakaway trip for December 4, 2022.  They are now completely sold out.  Crazy.  As soon as they changed the game to book it early, they Vibe was completely sold out in days.  

Thank you so much! Our two Joy passes came to $458 and I happily gave my money since we arent doing the Haven this cruise. 

Do you happen to have any pictures?

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, js said:

Thank you so much! Our two Joy passes came to $458 and I happily gave my money since we arent doing the Haven this cruise. 

Do you happen to have any pictures?

Thank you. 

F87F69CD-7105-483E-9777-231F8BA8D4E2.jpeg

A2372F08-BA4D-4BE0-ABB3-ED70DFF5B101.jpeg

B2E1A773-315C-46B9-844A-6DB27525E670.jpeg

F526BAD1-01AB-4FDD-AE8A-E7A4C143C490.jpeg

F5504EE2-8043-4AA7-9B77-0F2D5FBDD482.jpeg

1884518A-56CB-4262-9BE6-D5157EAE2CB9.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you soooo much! This looks just like the Haven, just more chairs. Im doing your version of Haven Lite and getting the Vibe was stressing me out since that is a major deal breaker if doing Haven Lite lol. I was so happy to purchase it this week. 

I will show my dh the pictures. We will need shade, I hope I can request an umbrella if I cant get loungers by one.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, js said:

Thank you soooo much! This looks just like the Haven, just more chairs. Im doing your version of Haven Lite and getting the Vibe was stressing me out since that is a major deal breaker if doing Haven Lite lol. I was so happy to purchase it this week. 

I will show my dh the pictures. We will need shade, I hope I can request an umbrella if I cant get loungers by one.

Thank you!

I was happy to send you pictures. However if you go to YouTube and search the Joy and Vibe they have very nice video's that will give you an even better idea.  

Here is how it works.  You enter in to the Vibe Beach Club.  A member of the crew ask you where you want to sit and if you want an umbrella.  Once set up, they bring you frozen fruit and ice water.  Kind of nice

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, u4coffee said:

Thanks. We've got a med cruise on Viva in October 2024. So may give it a go

Call and report back that you received them. Make sure you ask to pay immediately and get your confirmation. Let us know since you will then be the farthest out for getting the Vibe.

Good luck!

On Cruise Critic, after a while; you just know the questions that will come up.  This post is like that.  

When I found out I could prebook the Vibe, I reached out and it got done.  Then I realized that I would have preferred to pay a bit more and get the Vibe Cabana.  It Came with two week Vibe passes. I made three phone calls and the NCL Representatives were clueless.  Some of them did not even know what the Vibe Beach Club was. In all three calls, I was told the Cabana's were sold out and so were the Vibe Beach Club passes.

I then wrote an email to the person in NCL that has helped me the most.  She called me back and here is what happened.

1. She Booked me a Vibe Beach Club Cabana.
  2. She Informed me there was a way to have a better value for my upgrades on the Free At Sea program.  Then she fixed it.
  3. She sent me confirmations on everything.

So I looked on my online account and the upgrades were charged in my final balance due August 6, 2022.  Yet it did not show the items were purchased.  Folks, the moment you pay the final balance, those items will show paid.  Don't worry about it.  Keep you email confirmations for your records.  

I hope this helps.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

On Cruise Critic, after a while; you just know the questions that will come up.  This post is like that.  

When I found out I could prebook the Vibe, I reached out and it got done.  Then I realized that I would have preferred to pay a bit more and get the Vibe Cabana.  It Came with two week Vibe passes. I made three phone calls and the NCL Representatives were clueless.  Some of them did not even know what the Vibe Beach Club was. In all three calls, I was told the Cabana's were sold out and so were the Vibe Beach Club passes.

I then wrote an email to the person in NCL that has helped me the most.  She called me back and here is what happened.

2. She Informed me there was a way to have a better value for my upgrades on the Free At Sea program.  Then she fixed it.

So I looked on my online account and the upgrades were charged in my final balance due August 6, 2022.  Yet it did not show the items were purchased.  Folks, the moment you pay the final balance, those items will show paid.  Don't worry about it.  Keep you email confirmations for your records.  

I hope this helps.

Glad you have someone at NCL you have confidence in Gary!   I need one of those!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

I hope this helps.

Yes! Make sure you get an email conformation. The person I booked with on Monday was ready to hang up after I gave her my CC info. She said it would be on my online summary. Nope, she told me to sign off and sign on again. Nope, that didn't work and 4 days later its still not listed. Maybe after final payment? Maybe after check in is complete. I said I not hanging up until I see an email conformation and proof I paid. Granted my proof would be on my CC statement but I wanted proof from NCL we bought the passes. Our final payment is not until September

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to this board I called and purchased a pass this morning (209) for upcoming 8/6/22 Getaway Cruise.  Got the confirmation and it shows I paid so I should be all set.  I forgot to ask the representative if the pass would be included on my room card, or if there would be a card in my room, or if I had to go somewhere to pick it up.

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only imagine that thanks to threads like this there are people NOT on CC but wanting to get Vibe passes (and can normally get them) that won't because of the pre-ordering that they may not be aware of.  They'll be some of the first to board and "sorry, sold out".  'huh?'

I'm not in any way saying someone is out of line for pre-ordering it!  Just a comment...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, u4coffee said:

Thanks. We've got a med cruise on Viva in October 2024. So may give it a go

Med cruises are very port intensive and you may not get the value out of booking Vibe passes.  Just like Alaska and Canada cruises are colder so once again, where's the value?  Caribbean and transatlantic cruises would give you the most value.

7 minutes ago, hallux said:

I can only imagine that thanks to threads like this there are people NOT on CC but wanting to get Vibe passes (and can normally get them) that won't because of the pre-ordering that they may not be aware of.  They'll be some of the first to board and "sorry, sold out".  'huh?'

I'm not in any way saying someone is out of line for pre-ordering it!  Just a comment...

If there are cruisers that normally get Vibe passes under the old method they should at least be aware of CC or FB groups that would be discussing the new availability method.  If they're clueless about these marketing venues, then they have nobody to blame but themselves if they come up empty when it comes to obtaining passes.

• Thanks 1

Great reading all of the comments, especially the success in bookings and the lengthy window apparently.  Even some just around the corner.

So, it's good for NCL cash flow for sure.

It's also good for customers who have long wanted to get the VIBE passes by just couldn't get the logistics done given the protocols.

We really like the change and think it was long overdue (having been absolutely crushed by a "runner" (also a big guy) once at the top of the boarding ramp).  🤨

I wonder ~

~ will the complexion of the VIBE experience change and if so, how?  Will it be more reserved than those that might have been to the port hours and hours early, camped out and raced to the reservation venue?  Would that group be considered more likely to be more "active" let's say?  Looking forward to those who have VIBE experiences both prior to and after this change.

~ will this also help with port early overload stress with it no longer being required to get there so early for so many going for the VIBE?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David10225 said:

Thanks to this board I called and purchased a pass this morning (209) for upcoming 8/6/22 Getaway Cruise.  Got the confirmation and it shows I paid so I should be all set.  I forgot to ask the representative if the pass would be included on my room card, or if there would be a card in my room, or if I had to go somewhere to pick it up.

David

The first two times we had Vibe passes their was a separate pass we used to get in. The last time we used our cabin card I believe 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

The first two times we had Vibe passes their was a separate pass we used to get in. The last time we used our cabin card I believe 

Us too.  First two times, we had a separate pass card, then last time it was on our cabin card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Great reading all of the comments, especially the success in bookings and the lengthy window apparently.  Even some just around the corner.

So, it's good for NCL cash flow for sure.

It's also good for customers who have long wanted to get the VIBE passes by just couldn't get the logistics done given the protocols.

For as many cruises we have done on the larger ships with the Vibe Beach Club I think only 5% of the passengers even know what or where it is. I've been asked a few dozen times by people while I was swiping my card to go in or coming out what is that place. They seem to heavily advertise the Thermal Spa's, not much the VBC

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I hope this helps.

Hi- what do they mean regarding " free at sea" value? Did the price change on the cabana?