Detailed review with photos of Celebrity Beyond 23rd June - 2nd July Western Mediterranean

Lunastella

Ms Lunastella,

Absolutely fantastic review. You just saved me a boatload of money. I planned to sail on the Beyond this November in one of those double wide suites, but after reading your thread I felt I had just cruised with y’all for ten days and now I don’t need to cruise. Also by looking at the pictures of all the food instead of consuming the food, I gained no weight; not like on my recent 14 day Alaska cruise. I gained so much weight that when I went to the bow of the ship to take pictures of whales, a whale jumped out of the water with a camera and took a picture of me 😳

Safe travels home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lunastella said:

Ha Asnaleah, the idea did occur to me, but I quickly killed it. Blogging for a week is manageable, but the house will take >6 months to renovate! I dont have the energy!

I will miss you!

Thank you so much for your absolutely fantastic review. I have thoroughly enjoyed following along. Love your writing style and your photos are wonderful. Thank you again as I know how much time and effort it takes to write a review. 💐

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Thank you for posting this wonderful review - looks like you had an amazing time.

If you have a chance, would you mind answering a quick question? When you were on your veranda did you notice any noise from the oceanview cafe and/or the sunset bar? Thank you!

Same thoughts as everyone else, such a wonderful review. I have done a couple of live reviews and know the amount of work it takes. Loved all your pictures. 
imjust happened to stumble on it yesterday and read the first 8 pages in one setting. Just what I needed a good cruise fix.

Thanks again.

Norma

Agree  that this was a well written, upbeat and informative LIVE! Lunastella-thank you for sharing your cruise experience with all. Hoping you all are settling in at home.

Great pics throughout your postings. Thank you again!

I have loved your review Lunastella.  You are a very good photographer.

What am I doing on Cruise Critic?  We leave tomorrow for Dublin.  BTW long ago we lived in Clontarf.  Can't wait to sail out past the Bull Wall again 65 years later!

Thank you for the lovely review. I am thinking about a British Isles Cruise in 2023 to celebrate our 40 wedding anniversary. 

Although you cruised the Med,you have given me inspiration to undertake a port intensive cruise in another part of Europe. Your mother has also inspired me to travel with a youthful spirit. Please thank her for me.

On another note, wishing you good luck on the cottage redo. After many house projects  over the past thirty nine years,including a kitchen renovation and renovating a Florida condo, I do have some advice for you.

Make sure you carry with you patience,a sense of humor and a lot of your favorite beverage !

Cheers!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

I am thinking about a British Isles Cruise in 2023 to

Worth it, as long as you realise that usually the weather isn’t as hot as the Mediterranean.

We did one last year, there weren’t many options in 2021. We saw places we would never have usually have visited.

Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful, detailed review! I really appreciated your humor and all the photos. The Edge is the reason we started looking at Celebrity, but we haven't yet managed a cruise on an edge-class ship. We booked the Beyond for my 60th birthday, a Panama canal cruise and I'm so excited!

We're in one of those infinite verandas, so we'll see how we like it. I can't imagine that it will be an issue for us, but we'll see.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, RedneckBob said:

Ms Lunastella,

Absolutely fantastic review. You just saved me a boatload of money. I planned to sail on the Beyond this November in one of those double wide suites, but after reading your thread I felt I had just cruised with y’all for ten days and now I don’t need to cruise. Also by looking at the pictures of all the food instead of consuming the food, I gained no weight; not like on my recent 14 day Alaska cruise. I gained so much weight that when I went to the bow of the ship to take pictures of whales, a whale jumped out of the water with a camera and took a picture of me 😳

Safe travels home.

Hi y'all, RedneckBob hear. You are probably wondering why I am responding to my post from a week ago on this thread. Well, it's like this. I will be sailing on the Beyond in November and remembered this great thread about the Beyond from this young lady, Miss Lunastella, from Ireland, and she listed her favorite speciality restaurants with her favorite entrees. So when I went to the thread with the review of the Beyond, there was my post near the end, wishing Miss L. a safe trip home. Well, I be dogged, she was already home, writing and completing her review, probably having one of those refreshing Guiness Lights in the process. I thought she was writing her review from the ship. How did I miss this? Well, Sherlock RedneckBob, it was obvious, her review started three days after the cruise ended. Or maybe it was the fact that early on in the review she stated because of bad wifi she would wait till she returned home to do a review. I guess RNB is kinder slow, there must be a joke hear;

You might be a redneck if...better not go there, the wokers may attack me. I guess the phrase woke up has a new meaning from when I was raised. Not to digress since the start, I found the info about the restaurants and have booked per Miss Lunastella's review for this November. Once again thank for the info and an incredible review, From Home!

I guess you could say that this review was, and excuse the pun,    BEYOND belief!

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2022 at 9:43 PM, Wallys_World said:

Thank you for posting this wonderful review - looks like you had an amazing time.

If you have a chance, would you mind answering a quick question? When you were on your veranda did you notice any noise from the oceanview cafe and/or the sunset bar? Thank you!

Hi Wallys_World, I didn't hear any noise at all from either Oceanview cafe or sunset. No problems there!

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 4:48 AM, TeaBag said:

I have loved your review Lunastella.  You are a very good photographer.

What am I doing on Cruise Critic?  We leave tomorrow for Dublin.  BTW long ago we lived in Clontarf.  Can't wait to sail out past the Bull Wall again 65 years later!

Hi Teabag, Hope you are enjoying your time in Dublin!

On 7/20/2022 at 5:16 AM, MJSailors said:

Thank you for the lovely review. I am thinking about a British Isles Cruise in 2023 to celebrate our 40 wedding anniversary. 

Although you cruised the Med,you have given me inspiration to undertake a port intensive cruise in another part of Europe. Your mother has also inspired me to travel with a youthful spirit. Please thank her for me.

On another note, wishing you good luck on the cottage redo. After many house projects  over the past thirty nine years,including a kitchen renovation and renovating a Florida condo, I do have some advice for you.

Make sure you carry with you patience,a sense of humor and a lot of your favorite beverage !

Cheers!

MJ🙋🏻

Thanks MJ, I should have ordered a crate of that spainsh wine to sustain me through the redo!

Thanks for the great review. Scheduled to board Beyond in November and very excited. I do not know if I missed it but do you know how many passengers were on your cruise? Thanks

Hi Lunastella!  I wanted to thank you for taking the time and effort to bring us all along with you on your trip.  Your report was fantastic!  And the pictures really put us right there with you.  Wonderful.  I’m scheduled for the Beyond in November 2023, so I will definitely keep many of your insights in mind as I start my planning.  Good luck with your cottage renovations.  What wonderful views, definitely worth the work.  Along with the other advice, also figure that whatever you think it will cost, add about 25-30%!!!