Do cabin bids still happen?

I'll be sailing on Voyager of the seas on 24th July 2022 and am currently booked in an inside cabin. I just wondered whether they still offer the bid to upgrade process and if so when.

I booked via a travel agent so I'm not sure if that makes things different.

Very excited to be cruising again soon. My toddler will be enjoying his first cruise so hoping to get a better room if possible.

3 minutes ago, beckyboo1986 said:

I'll be sailing on Voyager of the seas on 24th July 2022 and am currently booked in an inside cabin. I just wondered whether they still offer the bid to upgrade process and if so when.

I booked via a travel agent so I'm not sure if that makes things different.

Very excited to be cruising again soon. My toddler will be enjoying his first cruise so hoping to get a better room if possible.

I am on the Voyager Aug 10th and received the upgrade bid over a month ago.  Am also booked through a TA however some big box TA's do not participate in the Royal up Bid program

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, beckyboo1986 said:

I wonder if I contact RCC directly, they'd let me change cabins.

With the number of vacancies on the ship, you can even chance of asking for an upgrade on board.

5 hours ago, beckyboo1986 said:

On no what a shame. I fear I should have just booked a balcony. I wonder if I contact RCC directly, they'd let me change cabins.

Since you booked through a TA you must contact your TA.  Royal will not talk to you

47 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

I'm more than 2.5 months out and I just received a royal up bid e-mail.  I believe I need to go through my TA, but I received the e-mail and TA was copied on it as well.

You don't need to go through your TA for a Royal UP bid.

9 hours ago, beckyboo1986 said:

I'll be sailing on Voyager of the seas on 24th July 2022 and am currently booked in an inside cabin. I just wondered whether they still offer the bid to upgrade process and if so when. I booked via a travel agent so I'm not sure if that makes things different. Very excited to be cruising again soon. My toddler will be enjoying his first cruise so hoping to get a better room if possible.

We got our RoyalUp invitation exactly 75 days prior to departure. And got awarded a minimum bid upgrade week of sailing. 

• Thanks 1