Entire Group Got Sick on Celebrity

buckeyedonna

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Does this mean that pharmacist cannot administer doses which may go bad because they were not used in time?

Just another option to consider. I know many here in my area canvassed, early on in the pandemic, pharmacies to gain access to shots which would go to waste and many were able to gain them.

I understand that this may not work in other countries around the world, just an idea as I Am sure there will be doses go bad daily and why waste them?

In health and bon voyage

Nope, it would still be considered queue jumping so they couldn't sell them. I can't speak to what the current processes are for shots that are about to expire, however in the early days of the vaccine rollouts the only place you could get it was at clinics run by the local health departments. At that time you could add yourself to a waiting list and mid-afternoon they'd send out a notice that # of shots were available because of no-shows. They were administered on a waiting list first come / first served basis, but you still needed to meet the other criteria.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Does this mean that pharmacist cannot administer doses which may go bad because they were not used in time?

Just another option to consider. I know many here in my area canvassed, early on in the pandemic, pharmacies to gain access to shots which would go to waste and many were able to gain them.

I understand that this may not work in other countries around the world, just an idea as I Am sure there will be doses go bad daily and why waste them?

In health and bon voyage

Just an opinion/observation obviously not scientific but in the UK as a whole, they have a 90%+ rate of vaccinations and in the US we still hover at just over 67%!  Much greater chance of vaccines expiring here.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

If I got a 2nd booster in April, can I get the new shot in October?

Once the new types of boosters are authorized and available, the information will be announced as to who qualifies and when.  It might be very different by country.  We just have to wait.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:38 AM, buckeyedonna said:

My husband and I just returned from our dream cruise to Alaska on the Celebrity Solstice. We met up with two other family member couples. The three couples flew in from three different US locations on three different airlines. The day after our cruise ended, all six of us tested positive for COVID. That was bad enough, but it got worse. In 2020, a Celebrity cruise for ten of us was canceled. We used a future cruise credit to book a Caribbean cruise in January, 2023. After getting sick last week, we decided we do not want to go on another cruise. One member of our group is 88 years old, and does not feel safe on ships any more. We told Celebrity that we do not want to cruise again. They basically told us, "tough luck," you agreed to our policies when you purchased your cruise in 2020. We have had four great cruises on Celebrity, but I have a very low opinion of them right now. 

You should not dismiss the possibility that one or more of you got exposed on your plane flight and then infected the others on the cruise. If you want to be objective, then in addition to no future cruises you should consider not flying anymore. 

• Like 2

I had a nice talk with my doctor about getting a second booster. He told me that he was treating a patient with Covid who had recently returned from a cruise.. was double boosted, tested before hand and masked indoors...  His opinion was that while vaccines seem to help prevent serious disease.. they really weren't particularly effective in preventing illness. He felt that there was no real benefit for another booster ..at least right now...   He felt that even with just the three shots we had good protection for serious illness. After the first shot DH developed sores on his arms that have never completely gone away.. and the first shot was in Jan '21...  I got pretty sick for a few days... so if there is no added benefit.... I am not sure I will go for the 3rd booster. Now if Novavax is available with the latest strain..I might consider getting that...but I have no idea when that will be available.

• Like 2