No Show and OBC

ishap

So question for you all...

I have a cruise booked for January and after money already paid, and FCC from previous canceled cruises, I ended up with a 7 day cruise, fully paid for, with 1000+ OBC.  This cruise was booked with someone else (ex-wife) because my PVP said that half belonged to her.  So, my question is this: If I keep her on the booking, then make her a no-show, will all the OBC stay with me?

I was under the impression that OBC was per cabin and not per particular person. I happen to be solo on a cruise coming up in November. Received a nice OBC from a cancelled cruise back in Dec 2020….and everytime I used the OBC to prebuy water, Pepsi, dinner rezzies, etc….a reminder comes up for me to check with other cabin occupants to make sure that they are in agreement with my using it.  I don’t see why your ex-wife ‘owns’ half the OBC….perhaps ask your PVP where she gets that information?  I believe an OBC is per cabin for all to use or agree to use.

14 hours ago, ishap said:

So question for you all...

I have a cruise booked for January and after money already paid, and FCC from previous canceled cruises, I ended up with a 7 day cruise, fully paid for, with 1000+ OBC.  This cruise was booked with someone else (ex-wife) because my PVP said that half belonged to her.  So, my question is this: If I keep her on the booking, then make her a no-show, will all the OBC stay with me?

42 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I was under the impression that OBC was per cabin and not per particular person. I happen to be solo on a cruise coming up in November. Received a nice OBC from a cancelled cruise back in Dec 2020….and everytime I used the OBC to prebuy water, Pepsi, dinner rezzies, etc….a reminder comes up for me to check with other cabin occupants to make sure that they are in agreement with my using it.  I don’t see why your ex-wife ‘owns’ half the OBC….perhaps ask your PVP where she gets that information?  I believe an OBC is per cabin for all to use or agree to use.

The OBC and FCC that was given for the Carnival cancelled cruises belongs to those people on the original booking.  It will be divided between them.  

24 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The OBC and FCC that was given for the Carnival cancelled cruises belongs to those people on the original booking.  It will be divided between them.  

How does that work out if just one person paid for the cruise? Or if the other person is 5-years old?  If only one cc was given, how does the second person receive their portion of the FCC?  I guess in the case of the OBC, Carnival keeps the half that can’t be given to the second person.  
In my case, the cancelled booking was a solo one. If the replacement booking includes a second person…then that person has no right to ‘my’ new and improved OBC?  If that is the case, why does that pop-up keep asking me to ask other members in the cabin if it’s okay to spend the OBC?   
Or if the first booking included my 5-yr old niece….how does she spend her so-called half….she doesn’t yet have a cc.  Does Carnival send her an FCC in her name, even if she didn’t contribute financially to the cruise fare?  Something doesn’t sound right.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

So again, if she just is a no show, what happens with that OBC?  Or do they just leave it for the cabin?

2 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I figured it was for the cabin so if I just left her on the booking and she "couldn't make the cruise" so was a no show, I would have to assume all the OBC would stay.

9 minutes ago, ishap said:

So again, if she just is a no show, what happens with that OBC?  Or do they just leave it for the cabin?

I figured it was for the cabin so if I just left her on the booking and she "couldn't make the cruise" so was a no show, I would have to assume all the OBC would stay.

That’s my assumption as well, but other says not. I really don’t know because I typically cruise solo. 

2 hours ago, ishap said:

I was told, it gets pulled back. Give it a shot and see what happens.  There used to be a way for the non sailing person to transfer it to you. I did when my sister choose not to sail but I did it at booking. I would guess you would need to check her in 100% with her ID documents.

3 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

How does that work out if just one person paid for the cruise? Or if the other person is 5-years old?  If only one cc was given, how does the second person receive their portion of the FCC?  I guess in the case of the OBC, Carnival keeps the half that can’t be given to the second person.  
In my case, the cancelled booking was a solo one. If the replacement booking includes a second person…then that person has no right to ‘my’ new and improved OBC?  If that is the case, why does that pop-up keep asking me to ask other members in the cabin if it’s okay to spend the OBC?   
Or if the first booking included my 5-yr old niece….how does she spend her so-called half….she doesn’t yet have a cc.  Does Carnival send her an FCC in her name, even if she didn’t contribute financially to the cruise fare?  Something doesn’t sound right.

I had booked one of the cancelled cruises for three and rebooked with just two of us.  The FCC and OBC was divided between the 3 of us even though only I made any payments.  I was able to get a form and have my sister put in writing that she was transferring her share of her FFC and OBC to us.  

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I had booked one of the cancelled cruises for three and rebooked with just two of us.  The FCC and OBC was divided between the 3 of us even though only I made any payments.  I was able to get a form and have my sister put in writing that she was transferring her share of her FFC and OBC to us.  

That sounds reasonable especially if your sister didn’t contribute financially to the costs of the cruise.  One misses these finer points by travelling solo.

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

That's not true (or at least not always true).  Ours is just on the cabin not assigned to anyone.  I remember at the time, the agent asked me if I wanted to allocate it to each guest (there are four of us) or just put it with the entire cabin and I chose to put it on the cabin.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

I was told, it gets pulled back. Give it a shot and see what happens.  There used to be a way for the non sailing person to transfer it to you. I did when my sister choose not to sail but I did it at booking. I would guess you would need to check her in 100% with her ID documents.

My plan was to check her in like she was traveling, and then when I get to port just say she couldn't make the trip or something.